Money matters report: The impact of economic conditions on the cash flow of US small businesses
The 2023 ‘Money matters’ report shows that most US small businesses struggle with maintaining a healthy cash flow. See how Xero can help you better manage your cash flow.
- Many small businesses say cash flow stress impacts their emotional and physical health
- 48% of small businesses report some cash flow issues in the past year. 12% of these small businesses consider their cash flow issues significant
- 50% of business owners and managers check their cash flow position daily
- Limited or inconsistent cash flow was the top financial challenge faced by businesses in the last 12 months (40%)
- 44% of small businesses have set up an invoice payments service to help them manage their cash flow
- 45% of small businesses are using accounting software to help manage cash flow
Try Xero's free cash flow calculator
Understand, improve and control your cash flow in real-time with Xero. This free calculator helps you forecast the cash flow of your business from month to month allowing you to get a quick view of the health of your business.Try the cash flow calculator
Customize your online invoices
Create and send professional invoices from Xero’s easy-to-use software.
- Create one or more invoice templates
- Insert your logo and set payment terms
- Add a standard message or insert more fields
Give customers more ways to pay
Make it easy for customers to make online payments via third-party payment services. When customers can pay how they want, it’s a win for them and your business.
- Add a ‘Pay now’ button to online invoices for a one-click payment
- Accept debit and credit cards, as well as direct debit
- Accept card payments with Stripe or direct debit with GoCardless
Get 75% off for 3 months*
|Send quotes and 20 invoices†|
|Enter 5 bills|
Guides to help you manage business finances
Our expert guides explore how to maintain healthy cash flow and stay on top of your finances.
Looking for help on making and sending invoices and getting them paid? Check out these tips on the art of invoicing.
Customers that are offered convenient online payment methods pay invoices earlier. Here’s how to cash in on the trend.
Still tracking income and expenses on a spreadsheet? Here’s why you should make the switch to low-cost alternatives.
Businesses need budgets. So how do you go about setting a business budget? What are the main things you need to put in?
Need finance for your business? Learn about the types of finance, approaching lenders and investors and more.
Bookkeeping lets you know how your small business is doing. So what does it involve and how do you make it less boring?
Guides to managing cash flow
Our expert guides explore how to maintain a healthy cash flow so you can pay your suppliers, employees, lenders and owners on time.
Your small business exists to make you money. And you can't do that unless you manage your finances and cash flow
To run a successful business, good cash flow management is crucial. Cash flow projection can help with that.
Cash flow management is vital for a growing business. Here are five rules to help you keep cash flow under control.
Online help: Track & predict cash flow in Xero
Find step-by- step instructions for tracking and predicting cash flow in these Xero Central help articles.
Track short-term cash flow and financial metrics
View predicted transactions on the short-term cash flow dashboard in Analytics Plus, and track financial metrics with a business snapshot.Track your cash flowMake projections based on cash predictions using Analytics Plus Track financial metrics with a business snapshot
Managing when times are tough
Planning, managing and surviving through difficult times
Find out how to plan ahead, prepare and get through the tough times.Get a free business continuity plan templateManaging debtProtecting business relationships in a crisisFinancial and business survival during a crisisRecession-proofing your businessFind an accountant or bookkeeper for help and advice