Flexible payroll filing
Use Gusto, Xero’s preferred payroll partner, integrated with Xero accounting to run and manage your payroll online.
- Manage federal and local taxes, filings and tax payments
- Automated payroll filings, W-2s, 1099s, and direct deposit payments
- Comprehensive payroll and next-day direct deposit
Pay employees with ease with local, state and federal payroll taxes automatically calculated, filed and paid.
- Payroll runs itself if you choose with Payroll on Autopilot®
- Send automated payday emails to employees from payroll software
- Set up multiple schedules and pay rates
Give your employees online access to their pay details.
- Employees can set up their own accounts using payroll online
- Paystubs and W-2s are stored online for easy reference
- Payday notifications arrive in their email
More about payroll with Gusto
Users of Xero and Gusto benefit from their deep integration. Your Xero sign-on gets you into Gusto as well. See and reconcile your Gusto payroll transactions in Xero, and easily jump into Gusto from the Gusto payroll menu tab in Xero.See how to set up Gusto payroll for your Xero business
First, connect Xero with Gusto and map your chart of accounts. Then total wages, taxes, benefit deductions/contributions, reimbursements and contractor payments sync to your Xero account each time you run payroll online.See how to set up the Gusto to Xero integration
Add 1099 contractors as contacts, then set up rules so expenses are automatically recorded on 1099 forms. File 1099 forms with the IRS using Track1099, Tax1099 or a service like PayPal. If you submit a paper form, export the 1099 in CSV format.See how to set up and pay 1099 contractor expenses