See how to track project costs in one place
More about project tracking in Xero
You only pay for employees who use Xero Projects within the month. You don’t pay for an employee if all they did that month was view job information or run project-related reports.See how projects pricing works
Get resource management reports that show chargeable and non-chargeable hours for any period. See which staffing resources are allocated and whether employees have completed their time entries, how many hours they’ve worked on a project, and whether they're meeting their chargeable hours targets.See how to run the staff time overview report
If you use Trello to allocate resources to tasks and manage workflows, you can log time that’s entered against tasks in Trello directly to Xero Projects. The time entry details show that it came from Trello and let you click through to the Trello card.See how Xero and Trello work together
Run project tracking and project accounting reports in Xero for a summary of all your projects, including project progress, which jobs are profitable or over budget. Use past projects to help estimate new ones.See how to get a project summary report
Record time and track costs
Use Xero’s job tracker to track time, with a start-stop timer and location-based tracking on mobile.
- Record the hours spent on a project at the time rather than later for real-time job information
- Seamlessly link costs to specific projects or jobs
- See exactly where every dollar was spent to help with job management
Easily set up project tracking
Say goodbye to complicated integrations with project accounting software. Set up multiple projects for tracking time and costs.
- Xero Projects is fully integrated within Xero accounting software
- Just create a project to get started
- Then add job information and allocate resources, tasks and expenses
Invoice project costs in Xero
Create fixed price or time-and-materials invoices based on your project tracking, and choose how much job information and detail to display.
- Turn quotes into branded invoices for project accounting
- Send invoices for deposits and lump sums including project progress payments
- Add a pay now button to online invoices and get paid up to twice as fast
View financials on a dashboard
Monitor and manage project financials to maximize profit on current and future jobs using a range of project reports.
- View project financials on the profitability dashboard
- See a summary of multiple projects in the Project Summary report
- See a breakdown of costs including and what’s yet to be invoiced in the project accounting software