See how to monitor projects in one place
Estimate and quote on jobs
Use your estimates of time and costs to prepare budgets with project software.
- Build budgets from estimates of time and expenses on tasks
- Send customized quotes for approval in just a few clicks
- Choose the exact level of detail you want to show customers
Track time and costs
Use Xero’s job tracker to track time, with a start-stop timer and location-based tracking on mobile.
- Record hours spent on a project at the time rather than later
- Seamlessly link costs to jobs and projects
- See exactly where every dollar was spent
Send customized invoices
Turn quotes into branded invoices and choose how much detail to display.
- Create fixed price or time and materials invoices
- Send invoices for deposits and lump sums like progress payments
- Add a ‘Pay now’ button to online invoices and get paid faster
Keep an eye on project financials so you can maximize profit on any job and see how to improve it in future.
- View job profit margins in an easy-to-comprehend chart
- See a breakdown of costs, such as time recorded and expenses
- Quickly identify how much remains to be invoiced
More about projects
Snap and submit expenses or mileage claims anytime, anywhere with Xero Expenses and assign them to a project to recover the costs.
Get reports that show chargeable and non-chargeable hours for any period. See if staff have completed their time entries, how many hours they’ve worked on a project, and whether they're meeting their chargeable hours targets.
If you use Trello to allocate tasks and manage workflows, you can log time that’s entered against tasks in Trello directly to Xero Projects. The time entry details show that it came from Trello and let you click through to the Trello card.
Run project tracking reports in Xero for a summary of all your projects, including which jobs are profitable or over budget. Use past projects to help estimate new ones.