About the scholarship
Here at Xero we work closely with accountants, bookkeepers and financial advisors – so we know what an important role they play in business. We also know that the more of these talented folks there are, the better the business world will function. That’s why we’re giving away a $5,000 scholarship towards a degree focused on accounting, economics or finance.
Head over to our blog to hear from our past scholarship winners:
- How cloud technology is revolutionizing the accounting industry by Tyler Bauer (2015)
- Accounting: beyond crunching numbers by Regan Stewart (2015)
- The troubled mind of a tax accountant by Alisha McGoldrick (2014)
Accounting, economics or finance
This scholarship is currently closed
$5,000 (one award)
Undergraduate or graduate
Must be legal US residents
Must be currently enrolled full-time at an accredited university or business school in the US
You must submit
Write 500-700 words on one of the following topics:
1. How is cloud technology changing the world of accounting, finance and/or economics? What impact do you see this having on your career?
2. What changes do you predict the accounting industry will face in the next decade? How do you (1) intend to react to these changes and (2) contribute to the industry?
3. What compels you to study accounting, economics and/or finance? What role does technology play in your chosen industry and how will you use it in your career?
High school graduate (or equivalent): 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
University or business school: 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA
One letter of recommendation
- GPA (20%)
- Letter of recommendation (20%)
- Essay submission (60%)
Originality and creativity; emotional impact; and relevance to the topic will be equally weighted.
Applications with persistent spelling or grammatical errors will not be considered.