Last updated on 31 October 2022. The updates are to prepare for improved bank feeds through the Yodlee Service.
Your use of automated bank account feeds enabled by the Yodlee data gathering service (Yodlee Service) from within the Xero Service (Service) is subject to the following terms. These terms should be read in conjunction with the terms and conditions for your own Internet Banking services.
1. Provide accurate information. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about Yourself and Your accounts maintained at other websites and You agree to not misrepresent Your identity or Your account information. You agree to keep Your account information up to date and accurate.
2. Proprietary rights. You are permitted to use information, data or other materials delivered to You through the Yodlee Service only on the Service. You may not copy, reproduce, distribute, or create derivative works from this information, data or other materials. Further, You agree not to reverse engineer or reverse compile any of the Yodlee Service technology, including but not limited to, any Java applets associated with the Yodlee Service.
3. Content you provide. You are licensing to Xero and Yodlee, Inc. (Yodlee), any data, passwords or other information (collectively, Content) You provide through or to the Yodlee Service and, where You provide log-in credentials to Your accounts (Credentials) as part of the Yodlee Service, this is at Your own risk. Xero and Yodlee may use, modify, display, distribute and create new material using such Content only to provide the Yodlee Service and the Service to You. By submitting Content, You automatically agree, or promise that the owner of such Content has expressly agreed that, without any particular time limit, and without the payment of any fees, Xero and Yodlee may use the Content for the purposes set out above.
4. Third-party accounts. By using the Yodlee Service, You authorize Xero and Yodlee to access third-party sites designated by You, on Your behalf, to retrieve information requested by You, and to register for accounts requested by You. For all purposes hereof, You hereby grant Xero and Yodlee a limited power of attorney, and You hereby appoint Xero and Yodlee as Your true and lawful attorney-in-fact and agent, with full power of substitution and resubstitution, for You and in Your name, place and stead, in any and all capacities, to access third-party Internet sites, servers or documents, retrieve information, and use Your information, all as described above, with the full power and authority to do and perform each and every act and thing requisite and necessary to be done in connection with such activities, as fully to all intents and purposes as You might or could do in person, only as required to provide you the Service. You acknowledge and agree that when Xero or Yodlee accesses and retrieves information from third-party sites, Xero and Yodlee are acting as Your agent, and not the agent or on behalf of the third party. You agree that third party account providers shall be entitled to rely on the foregoing authorisation, agency and power of attorney granted by You. You understand and agree that the Yodlee Service is not endorsed or sponsored by any third-party account providers accessible through the Yodlee Service.
5. Disclaimer of warranties. You expressly understand and agree that:
Your use of the Yodlee Service and all information, products and other content (including that of third parties) included in or accessible from the Yodlee Service is at Your sole risk. The Yodlee Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. Xero, Yodlee and each applicable bank or credit union through which you maintain an account from which Yodlee retrieves information (Data Source) expressly disclaim all warranties of any kind as to the Yodlee Service and all information, products and other content (including that of third parties) included in or accessible from the Yodlee Service, whether express, implied, statutory or otherwise including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. No data provided to You in connection with the Yodlee Service is to be taken as an official record of any account.
Xero and Yodlee make no warranty that (i) the Yodlee Service will meet Your requirements, (ii) the Yodlee Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Yodlee Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Yodlee Service will meet your expectations, or (v) any errors in the technology will be corrected.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the Yodlee Service is done at Your own discretion and risk and You are solely responsible for any damage to Your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by You from Xero or Yodlee through or from the Yodlee Service will create any warranty not expressly stated in these terms.
6. Limitation of liability. You agree that neither Xero or Yodlee nor any of their affiliates, account providers or any of their affiliates will be liable for any harms, which lawyers and courts often call direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses, even if Xero or Yodlee has been advised of the possibility of such damages, resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Yodlee Service; (ii) the cost of getting substitute goods and services, (iii) any products, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from the Yodlee Service; (iv) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (v) statements or conduct of anyone on the Yodlee Service; (vi) the use, inability to use, unauthorized use, performance or non-performance of any third-party account provider site, even if the provider has been advised previously of the possibility of such damages; or (vii) any other matter relating to the Yodlee Service.
By using the Yodlee Service You agree that any Data Sources that maintain Your accounts and any third parties that interact with your Credentials or account data in connection with the Yodlee Service are not liable for any loss, theft, compromise, or misuse whatsoever in connection with the Yodlee Service (including negligence), except to the extent such liability cannot be limited by law.
7. Indemnification. You agree to protect and fully compensate Xero and Yodlee and their affiliates from any and all third-party claims, liability, damages, expenses and costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys/legal fees) caused by or arising from Your use of the Yodlee Service, Your violation of these terms or Your infringement, or infringement by any other user of Your account, of any intellectual property or other right of anyone.
8. Yodlee. The Yodlee Service is connected by Yodlee. When You request data from a source connected to the Yodlee Service, Yodlee collects that data and provides it to Xero. Yodlee acts on Xero’s behalf in this process, which means we share Your data with Yodlee as one of our service providers. For more information on how Yodlee collects, uses, stores and handles Your data, please see Yodlee’s Fastlink Terms of Service. You agree that Yodlee is a third-party beneficiary of the above provisions, with all rights to enforce such provisions as if Yodlee were a party to this Agreement.