The difference between gross profit and net profit
Gross profit vs net profit (comparison)
Gross profit shows how much money your business makes after meeting some costs. Net profit shows how much you make after meeting all costs.
A business’s gross profit is the money it has left after paying for the goods and services it sold. It’s net profit is the money left after paying absolutely all expenses and taxes.
The difference between gross profit and net profit is operating expenses and taxes
- Is money you make on sales
- Creates a pool of cash for running the business
- Does not guarantee a net profit
- Is surplus cash (money made) after all expenses have been paid
- Can be distributed to owners or reinvested into the business