See how online payroll streamlines tasks
HMRC requirements sorted
Xero’s payroll software is HMRC recognised and simplifies compliance with HMRC reporting requirements.
- Keep accurate digital pay records
- Submit payment and deduction details to HMRC each payday
Automated payroll calculations
Pay employees in just a few clicks with Xero’s payroll system. Payroll data updates your accounts automatically.
- Automatic tax, pensions and leave calculations
- Flexible pay calendars and pay rates
- Payslips are instantly available to employees in Xero Me or can be shared securely via email
Reduce admin and save time by giving your employees access to the Xero Me app so they can manage their own work-related admin.
- Your staff can access their own payslips
- They can view leave balances and submit leave requests or timesheets on the go
- Authorised staff can review and approve leave requests and timesheets
Fast pension re-enrolment
Xero Payroll helps make sure you never miss your re-enrolment obligations.
- Receive cyclical reminders to keep you up to date
- Automatically assess and enrol employees
- Secure integration with pension providers
Make CIS scheme deductions and submit returns
Use Xero accounting software to manage CIS scheme deductions, submit returns and simplify compliance.
More about payroll
When you enable automatic enrolment and re-enrolment in Xero, eligible employees are enrolled in your workplace pension, and their contributions are calculated against their earnings. Xero enables you to connect directly to Nest and to the People’s Pension to submit your contributions electronically, or download a file to submit to another provider.Learn more about automating workplace pensions
Employee leave balances are automatically adjusted when a leave request is submitted and approved. Xero payroll software for small businesses comes with all the standard types of leave – plus you can set up custom leave types. Manage employee sick, maternity, paternity, shared, adoption and bereavement leave with ease in Xero Payroll.See how to enter leave entitlements
Once employee hours are entered into timesheets, earnings are automatically calculated. The time that’s entered on project tasks also flows into payroll timesheets.See how to add an employee timesheet
Add Xero Payroll to your Xero subscription for £5 a month for up to five payroll employees, then £1 for each additional employee per month. Sign up to try Xero Payroll free for two months after which the standard charges apply.See the Xero pricing plans
Start using payroll for free
Access all Xero features for 30 days, then decide which plan best suits your business.
- Safe and secure
- Cancel any time
- 24/7 online support