See how online payroll streamlines tasks
HMRC requirements sorted
Xero payroll software is HMRC-recognised. Simplify compliance with HMRC reporting requirements.
- Keep accurate digital records about pay
- Submit payment and deduction details to HMRC each payday
Automated online payroll
Pay employees in just a few clicks using Xero's payroll software. Payroll data updates your accounts automatically.
- Automatic tax, pensions and leave calculations
- Flexible pay calendars, tax and pay rates
- Email payslips and let employees view them online
Employee self service
Reduce payroll admin and save time by giving your employees limited access via the Xero Me mobile app or the web.
- Let staff submit leave requests and timesheets for review
- Allow employees to view leave balances and payslips
- Use the Xero Me mobile app or My Payroll on the web
Fast pension re-enrolment
Eliminate the admin burden and save time with automated pension re-enrolment in Xero Payroll.
- Automatically assess and enrol employees
- Reduce manual processing to reduce the risk or errors
- Secure integration with pension providers
More about payroll
When you enable automatic enrolment and re-enrolment in Xero, eligible employees are enrolled in your workplace pension, and contributions are deducted from their pay. Xero sends data directly to Nest or The People’s Pension, or lets you submit a file to another provider.Learn more about automating workplace pensions
Employee leave balances are automatically adjusted when a leave request is submitted and approved. Xero payroll software comes with all the standard types of leave set up – plus you can set up rostered days off and time in lieu.See how to enter leave entitlements
Once employee hours are entered into timesheets, pay is automatically calculated. Time that’s entered on project tasks also flows into payroll timesheets.See how to add an employee timesheet
Give access to your employees to view payslips, request leave, or submit timesheets in the payroll app.Learn more about Xero Me
View a wide range of payroll reports to get valuable information on payroll activity, transactions, remuneration and pension contributions.See the full list of Xero's payroll reports
Add Xero Payroll to your Xero subscription for £5 a month for up to 5 payroll employees, then £1 for each additional employee per month. Until 31 March 2022, you can sign up to try Xero Payroll free for three months after which the standard charges apply.See the Xero pricing plans