Record and update your assets
Track business assets such as vehicles, machinery, hardware and office equipment.
- Import all your fixed assets into Xero at once to get set up
- Add a fixed asset directly or create one from a bill
- Update asset types, depreciation methods and default accounts
Manage depreciation and disposals
Work with your accountant or bookkeeper to manage the depreciation and disposal of your fixed assets.
- Choose a method and rate to depreciate assets
- Xero automatically calculates depreciation on your assets
- Your advisor can run or roll back depreciation at any time
Get a full picture of your finances
Run reports and work with your advisor to see what fixed assets are on the books and their value anytime.
- un the depreciation schedule to see depreciation values
- Run the disposal schedule to show assets sold or disposed
- View gains, losses and depreciation recovered on disposals
More about managing fixed assets
Get started with tracking and managing fixed assets in Xero by setting up a register to record and depreciate them.See how to set up fixed assets
You can add a fixed asset directly to the fixed asset register, or create one from a purchase transaction. This includes assets bought outright and those on hire purchase and paid off in instalments. You can also import multiple fixed assets in bulk.See how to add a fixed asset to the register
Use Xero to run a depreciation schedule, disposal schedule, and fixed asset reconciliation report.See how to run fixed asset reports