See how to monitor projects in one place
More about projects
You only pay for employees who use Xero Projects within the month. You don’t pay for an employee if all they did that month was view project information or run project-related reports.See how projects pricing works
Add project timesheets directly into Xero Payroll for project accounting, ensuring that employees only record time once, in one place, and avoiding duplicate data entry.See how to add project time into a timesheet
Snap and submit expenses or mileage claims anytime, anywhere with Xero Expenses and assign them to a project to recover the costs.See how to create an expense claim and assign to a project
Get reports that show chargeable and non-chargeable hours for any period. See if staff have completed their time entries, how many hours they’ve worked on a project, and whether they're meeting their chargeable hours targets.See how to run the staff time overview report
If you use Trello to allocate tasks and manage workflows, you can log time that’s entered against tasks in Trello directly to Xero Projects. The time entry details show that it came from Trello and let you click through to the Trello card.See how Xero and Trello work together
Run project tracking reports in Xero for a summary of all your projects, including which jobs are profitable or over budget. Use past projects to help estimate new ones.See how to get a project summary report
Track time and costs
Use Xero’s job tracker to track time, with a start-stop timer and location-based tracking on mobile.
- Record hours spent on a project at the time rather than later
- Seamlessly link costs to jobs and projects
- See exactly where every dollar was spent
Simple to set up
Say goodbye to complicated project software integrations.
- Xero Projects is fully integrated within Xero
- Just set up a project to get started
- Then allocate tasks and expenses to the project
Invoice and get paid
Turn quotes into branded invoices for project accounting. Plus choose how much detail to display.
- Create fixed price or time and materials invoices
- Send invoices for deposits and lump sums like progress payments
- Add a ‘Pay now’ button to online invoices and get paid faster
View project financials
Monitor project financials to maximise profit on current and future jobs using a range of project reports.
- View project financials on the profitability dashboard
- See a summary of all your projects in the Project Summary report
- See a breakdown of costs including and what’s yet to be invoiced