Graduate security analysts
Graduate security analysts help ensure Xero’s systems are secure, keeping the good in and the bad out.
The security of our product is fundamental to Xero. The security teams work with all areas of the business to ensure our systems are secure. We keep the good in and the bad out. We help engineers produce secure products, defend Xero from cyber attacks, and do everything in between.
You’ll have the opportunity to rotate within different security teams, or spend one or more rotations in our core technical program.
You’ll be self-driven, enjoy collaborating with different teams across the business, and thrive on technical challenges. All you need is an interest in security, you don’t need to have studied it.
What our security analysts do
Security analysts focus on the less code-heavy aspects of cyber security. The role values people with a keen eye for detail, who are naturally inquisitive, and are driven to uphold the safety of our customer data.
The role covers a range of duties including:
- assessing Xero’s security risks
- helping Xero pass security audits
- assisting with security education campaigns
- monitoring Xero for cyber attacks
- being involved in security incidents by defending Xero as attacks occur
What we’d like to see from you
- have a passion for and express interest in the security and privacy of our customer data
- like working with servers or data; and if you like to script or write code, then that’s a great combo
- love problem-solving, thinking on your feet, helping other people, and taking the initiative
- enjoy investigating why things work, not just how they work
- enjoy building solutions for other Xeros, removing pain points, and making their lives easier
- diving deep and analysing root causes of issues and potential vulnerabilities
If this sounds like you, get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
How to apply
Due to the number of applications we receive, we ask that you only apply for one role in one location. Please take some time to research each opportunity available before submitting your application.
If you’re invited to a grad day, it will include technical and soft skills interviews, as well as group and individual challenges.
Applications open on 28 February 2022 and close on 20 May 2022.
Applications have now closed.
The application process
You’ll progress through the application process in these stages.
Step 1: Submit CV and meet eligibility criteria
The first thing you need to do is meet the eligibility criteria.
Our eligibility criteria for the graduate program are:
- Full-time working rights
- Fewer than 12 months professional working experience in relevant industries
- Availability to start full-time in February 2023
Our eligibility criteria for internships are:
- Availability for full-time work from November 2022 through to February 2023
- Be in your penultimate year of study in your chosen field
When you apply, your CV will only be used to verify your eligibility and won’t be used for screening purposes.
Step 2: Complete a values assessment
Once you’ve met the eligibility criteria, you’ll be invited to complete a values assessment. Find out more about Xero’s values.
Step 3: Complete behavioural and skills assessments
Then you’ll be asked to complete a behavioural assessment, which you can practice here, and a technical skills assessment (30–90 minutes).
You’ll also need to complete a HackerRank test, which you can practice here. While it’s not all about the test results, this is a language-agnostic testing platform that helps us understand what level and range of skills you currently have.
Step 4: Record a short video interview for our team
Next, you’ll be invited to pre-record a video interview for our team.
If your video interview is successful, you’ll be invited to attend a grad day.
We’ll review all applications before making a decision so you can expect to hear from us in June 2022.
Step 5: Attend the virtual grad day
The grad day is a half-day virtual event where you’ll be assessed across three different activities: an interview, a technical assessment, and a group activity. You’ll also have an opportunity to learn more about Xero and the grad program, and meet some previous grads.