Prize draw competition terms and conditions
1. This competition (Competition) is run on behalf of Xero (NZ) Limited (NZ company number 4123758), with its registered office at 19-23 Taranaki Street, Wellington 6011, New Zealand (Xero), and is open from 9am Tuesday 13 December 2022 to 11:59pm Friday 27 January 2023 (the Competition Period). Xero may extend, cancel or amend this Competition and/or review and update these terms and conditions on its website at any time, at its sole discretion.
2. For small business owners to be eligible to enter the Competition: - an entrant (Eligible Entrant) must be a Xero subscriber with an active subscription to either one of (i) Starter, Standard, Premium or Ultimate Business Edition plan; or (ii) Non-GST Cashbook or GST Cashbook Partner Edition plan (a Subscription); and - the Subscription must be owned by a small or medium-sized business located in New Zealand (SMB) for the duration of the Competition Period.
3. For Xero certified accounting and bookkeeping partners to be eligible to enter the Competition - An entrant (Eligible Entrant) must be an owner or employee of a Xero certified accountant or bookkeeper located in New Zealand (Partner) for the duration of the Competition Period.
4. To enter the Competition, the Eligible Entrant must complete the form on this page and answer the following question: “If you could make three business or life-related challenges disappear right now, what would they be?”
5. There is one (1) prize available to be won for eligible small business owner entrants: a one-to-one business consultation of up to a maximum of three hours with Richard Poole from Co-Pilot valued at $1000 (Prize). Xero reserves the right to substitute the prize for a similar product, if the stated Prize is unavailable at the time the Competition ends, or for any other reason at Xero’s discretion.
6. There is one (1) prize available to be won for eligible Xero certified accounting and bookkeeping partner entrants: a one-to-one business consultation of up to a maximum of three hours with Richard Poole from Co-Pilot valued at $1000 (Prize). Xero reserves the right to substitute the prize for a similar product, if the stated Prize is unavailable at the time the Competition ends, or for any other reason at Xero’s discretion.
7. One (1) winner will be drawn from all eligible small business owner entrant entries following the end of the Competition Period and before Friday 3 February 2023 (Winner).
8. One (1) winner will be drawn from all eligible Xero certified accounting and bookkeeping partner entrant entries following the end of the Competition Period and before Friday 3 February 2023 (Winner).
9. The Winners will be notified by phone, or using any other contact details you give us. If we have made a reasonable attempt to contact a Winner, and that Winner has not responded within three business days, or that Winner is unable to use the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Xero will randomly choose another Winner. In the event of any dispute, Xero’s decision is final.
10. Each Prize Winner will be required to enter into a separate contractual arrangement with the provider of the Prize, Richard Poole of Co-Pilot (Provider). This contractual arrangement is between each Winner and Provider. Xero is not a party to, or responsible for, this contact with the Provider or the provision of any services by the Provider arising out of the Prize.
11. Xero does not warrant that the Prize will meet the Winners’ requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.
12. The Prize cannot be transferred to others, or exchanged for cash or other benefits, and cannot be split.
13. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Xero disclaims any and all warranties (express or implied) including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability. Xero and its affiliated companies shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss), or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize or the Competition.
14. By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to participate in any publicity related to their Prize, and that Xero can use the Winners’ likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording) in any media for an unlimited period of time without payment, to promote Xero and any of its other products.
15. By participating in the Competition and by submitting any contact details, each entrant consents to receive the latest news, special offers, promotions and information from Xero by email, TXT or other channels from time to time. If at any stage you do not want to receive this information, please let us know, or use the ‘unsubscribe’ feature on communications we send you.
17. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.