Prize competition terms and conditions
The Cash flow Speedway Competition (the Competition) is run on behalf of Xero Australia Pty Ltd, with its registered office at Level 3, 260 Burwood Road, Hawthorn VIC 3122, Australia (Xero). The Competition is to take place at the 2023 Sydney Xerocon event to be held on 23 and 24 August 2023 at the Sydney International Convention Centre (the Event). The Competition is open from the start and finish times of the Event (the Competition Period). Xero may extend, cancel or amend the Competition and/or review and update these terms and conditions on its website at any time, at its sole discretion.
To be eligible to enter the Competition (Eligible Entrant), entrants must:
- Have a valid entry ticket to the Event and be a registered delegate at the Event.
Xero employees and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Competition.
In order to enter Competition an Eligible Entrant must:
- find the relevant Xero ‘Cash flow Speedway' stand during the Event and inform Xero staff at the stand that he/she wishes to participate in the game;
- scan his/her delegate badge using the lead scanner device;
- participate in the game by entering into the seat of the race car console and validly complete the race;
- scan the QR code that will flash on the screen at the end of the race using a smart phone; and
- validly enter his/her first and last name on the leaderboard through their smart phone - along with the country they reside in.
There is a limit of one entry per Eligible Entrant in the Competition.
Eligible Entrants will have a chance to win one of the following prizes:
- 1st prize - AUD$1,000 gift card
- 2nd prize - AUD$500 gift card
- 3rd prize - AUD$250 gift card
At the end of the Event, Xero’s staff will determine the three highest scorers on the leaderboard (the Winners). Xero’s staff will contact the top three scorers' to award the 1st, 2nd & 3rd prize winners after the Event, using the contact details provided during the Competition.
If prizes are not redeemed by the three Winners or if for any reason the emails provided are not valid, Xero may choose another Winner. In the event of any dispute, Xero’s decision is final.
Xero reserves the right to read out the names of winners on the day during the Event.
Xero does not warrant that the Prize will meet the Winners’ requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.
The Prizes (gift cards) will be redeemable and subject to the terms and conditions of the gift card provider, including any applicable expiry dates and usage exclusions.
The Prize cannot be transferred to others, or exchanged for cash or other benefits and cannot be split.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, Xero and its affiliated companies shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss), or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition.
By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to participate in any publicity related to their Prize, and that Xero can use the Winners’ likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording) in any media for an unlimited period of time without payment, to promote Xero and any of its other products.
By participating in the Competition and by submitting any contact details, each Eligible Entrant consents to receive the latest news, special offers, promotions and information from Xero by email, TXT or other channels from time to time. If at any stage you do not want to receive this information then please let us know, or use the ‘unsubscribe’ feature on communications we send you.
The Winner agrees that Xero may withdraw the Winner’s right to their Prize if:
- Xero’s name is, or is likely to be in Xero’s reasonable opinion, damaged or brought into disrepute or ridicule by the Winner or by being associated with the Winner; or
- The Winner is involved directly or indirectly in any situation (whether the relevant situation occurred before, during or after the Competition Period) which brings, or in the reasonable opinion of Xero is likely to bring, any of the Winner, Xero or the Competition into disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales.