Welcome to Xero! We’re excited to have you here but before you connect your subscription to Stripe (so you can accept online payments (payments) from customers through your Xero invoices) (product), we need you to look through and accept these terms.
These are your legal rights and obligations, so please read everything. If you use this product, we’ll assume that you agree to these terms.
If you still have questions or comments after you’ve read these terms, please go to Xero Central to get in touch. We’d love to help.
1. The processing of payments is provided by Stripe under the Stripe Connected Account Agreement for your location which incorporates the relevant Stripe Services Agreement for your location (see links above). We don’t assume any responsibility for the processing of payments.
2. If you use this product, you agree to the Stripe Connected Account Agreement for your location, and enter into a direct relationship with Stripe who is the issuer of the product. You indemnify us against all losses, costs (including legal costs), expenses, demands or liability that we incur arising out of, or in connection with, your breach of the Stripe Connected Account Agreement. You also consent to us administering a Stripe account for you.
3. We may decide to use a third party other than Stripe to process payments. If we do that, we’ll make every effort to let you know.
4. When you use this product, before you enter the personal data of others (such as your customers) into Xero, you must get their consent to us collecting, using and sharing (for example, with Stripe) their personal data.
6. You must not use this product to run, pay or receive a payment from a business listed as a restricted business for your location (Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States) (restricted business). If you realise one of your customers is a restricted business, you need to let us know quickly.
Pricing and fees
8. The online payment fees may vary by region and will be included on our website.
10. Depending on your region, online payment fees may be inclusive or exclusive of transactional taxes where relevant (like VAT, GST or sales tax), as reflected in the online payment fees.
11. Xero may assign these terms - or any of our rights or obligations in these terms - to another Xero entity as it deems appropriate. Xero entities are the companies controlled by or under common control with Xero Limited (a New Zealand company with registration number 1830488).
12. If there’s any conflict between these terms and the other documents linked or referred to in these terms, these terms will take priority.