Share your best tip on how to simplify your tax time!
Xero Partners Official Facebook Group Competition
Terms and Conditions
1. This competition (Competition) is conducted by Xero Australia Pty Limited of Level 3/260 Burwood Road, Hawthorn VIC 3122 , Australia (Xero, we, our or us), and is open from 1st June 2023, 5pm AEST until 15 June 2023, 5pm AEST (Competition Period). Xero may, at its sole discretion, extend the Competition Period. By entering the Competition, an entrant (Entrant, you or your) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions (T&Cs)
2. To be eligible to enter the Competition (Eligible), an Entrant must be a resident of Australia prior to, and for the duration of, the Competition Period.
3. To register to participate in the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must complete the following steps , following which the Eligible Entrant will be deemed to have registered as a participant in this Competition (Participant) and accepted the Terms:
a. Post a comment as a reply to Xero's Facebook post announcing this Competition (Announcement):
i. Tell us in the comments of the Announcement post : How do you simplify your tax time
b. Comply with the terms(together, Entry Criteria)
4. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Meta. Xero shall bear no legal liability, express or implied, in relation to any Post that is not visible to Xero.
5. There will be four (4) winners chosen by Xero from the Participants that have met the Entry Criteria (Winners). There will be found (4) prizes avaialable to win.
6. For the purpose of determining each Winner, the Xero judges will evaluate each Post according to its creativity, originality, and alignment to the theme of the Announcement (each criterion weighted equally).
7. Each of the winners will receive one (1) Hamperly gift box valued at $169 (Prize). The Prize is not redeemable for cash and is not transferable. Xero gives no warranties, representations or advice in respect of the Prize.
8. The Winners will be notified by Xero within 72 hours after the end of the Competition Period and will be advised as to how the Prize will be made available to them. If a Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 7 days from the date on which Xero first notifies them by direct message on the applicable platform, Xero reserves the right to withdraw the Prize (in which case the Winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize) and to award it to the Participant with the next best Post having regard to the criteria set out above. That awarded Participant will then be a Winner for the purposes of the Terms. Xero will publish the Winners’ names as a reply to our Announcement.
9. Xero's decisions on all matters relating to this Competition (including but not limited to registration of Participants and determination of the Winners, the awarding of the Prize and the operation of the Competition) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding any of the foregoing.
10. There will be a limit of one per entry per Elibible Entrant. No purchase is required to enter the Competition.
11. Xero employees and members of their immediate families (including partners and spouses) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
12. By registering as a Participant in the Competition, you:
a. consent to the use of your name, image and brand for Xero’s and its affiliate’s promotional use without further payment or compensation to you; and
b. grant Xero, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display your Post and Content for any purpose, including future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability..
13. Xero may be required to publish or make available details of the Competition, including the surname and region of each Winner. You can object to your details being publish or made available, or reduce the amount of information published or made available, by emailing email@example.com - note Xero may still be required to provide your details as required by law.
14. You agree that:
a. you are fully responsible for any materials you submit via the Competition, including comments, recordings, documents, images and the Post (Content);
b. to the full extent permitted by law, Xero will not be liable for the Content; and
c. Xero may remove , decline to publish or invalidate any Content or entry without notice for any reason whatsoever.
15. You agree that:
a. you will not submit any Content that:
i. is unlawful or fraudluent; or
ii. Xero deems is in breach or alleged breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, or otherwise inappropriate;
b. The Content must not contain viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
c. you will not tamper or attempt to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition, including but not limited to, creating multiple Facebook accounts;
d. you will obtain prior consent and agreement to the Terms from the owner of any intellectual property that subsists in the Content;
e. the Content is your original artistic work that does not infringe any rights of any third party, including, but not limited to rights in copyright;
f. you will not act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person;
g. the Content must be in “good taste” and in keeping with Xero’s brand image and must not be explicit or offensive, as determined by Xero, in its sole and absolute discretion;
h. the Content must not in Xero’s sole discretion contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
i. the Content must not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights;
j. you consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s moral rights and warrant that you have the full authority to grant these rights;
k. you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computers or communication systems; and
l. you will indemnify Xero for any breach of the Terms.
16. To the extent permitted by law, Xero and its affiliates and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents, including without limitation any judges of the Competition (together, the Representatives, and together with Xero and its affiliates, the Released Parties) shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss, or the right to have damages multiplied or increased) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Prize, and you hereby release the Released Parties from any claims or damages arising out of or related to your participation and/or entry in the Competition and/or your receipt, acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize awarded in this Competition. For the avoidance of doubt, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, you release the Released Parties from any loss, damages or cause of action in relation to (a) any technical errors associated with the Competition; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Competition; and (c) any other errors or problems in connection with the Competition, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Competition. You also agree that unless you are prohibited from law in doing so, you promise you will bring any and all disputes, claims and causes of action against the Released Parties, without resort to any form of class action.
18. If there's any part or provision of there Terms that is declared illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remainder of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
19. The Competition is governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
Start using Xero for free
Access all Xero features for 30 days, then decide which plan best suits your business.
- Safe and secure
- Cancel any time
- 24/7 online support