Competition terms and conditions
1. The Education Month Webinar Competition (Competition) is run on behalf of Xero Australia Pty Limited of L3, 260 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn, VIC, 3122 Australia (Xero), and is open from 9:00am AEST 01/11/2022 to 17:00pm AEST 30/11/2022 (the Competition Period). Xero may extend, cancel or amend this Competition and/or review and update these terms and conditions on its website at any time, at its sole discretion. By entering the Competition, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. To be eligible to enter the Competition (Eligible Entrant), entrants must:
a. Be an Australian resident prior to, and for the duration of the Competition Period;
b. Be a Xero customer on any Xero subscription plan during the Competition Period and fall into one of the following categories:
i. the Entrant’s Xero subscription is owned by a small or medium-sized business located in Australia prior to and during the Competition Period (SMB); or
ii. the Entrant’s Xero subscription is owned by a Xero accounting or bookkeeping partner which is located in Australia prior to and during the Competition Period (Partner); and
c. Have received Xero’s promotional email, pdf or a communication directly from Xero for this Webinar (defined below) and Competition.
3. Xero employees and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Competition.
4. In order to enter the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must:
a. Register for and attend at least one (1) of the webinars, before 30/11/2022 hosted by Xero as part of its Education Month series and listed on Xero Central at:
ii. Education Month for partners if you’re a Partner, (each a Webinar, and together the Webinars); and
b. Complete a survey at the end of the Webinar.
5. No payment is required in order to (i) register and attend the webinars, or (ii) enter the Competition.
6. There is a limit of one entry per Webinar attended by each Eligible Entrant.
7. For the purposes of the Competition, an “Eligible Entrant” will be the SMB or Partner who owns the Xero billing account, and excludes any subscriber trialling an unpaid version of the Starter, Standard or Premium plan and any subscriber in arrears on their subscription payments (unless otherwise specified by Xero in writing).
8. Eligible Entrants will have a chance to win a $200 AUD Prezzee Pty Ltd digital gift voucher (Prize). There are 10 Prizes available to be won across all Webinars. The Prizes for each Webinar will be drawn at random using a random computer number generator at Xero’s Melbourne office at L3, 260 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn, VIC, 3122 from all correct entries following the end of the Competition Period and no later than 10 days after the Competition Period (Winners).
9. The Winners will be notified using the contact details you give us or as registered with the Winner’s Xero subscription. If we have made a reasonable attempt to contact a Winner, and a Winner has not responded within three (3) business days, or a Winner is unable to use the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and Xero will randomly choose another Winner. In the event of any dispute, Xero’s decision is final.
10. The Winners will be published on Xero’s website at https://www.xero.com/au/campaign/education-month/ no later than 10 days after the Competition Period ends.
11. Xero does not warrant that the Prize will meet the Winners’ requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded in so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.
12. The Prize cannot be transferred to others, or exchanged for cash or other benefits and cannot be split.
13. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Xero and its affiliated companies shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss), or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition.
14. By accepting the Prize, the Winner agrees to participate in any publicity related to their Prize, and that Xero can use the Winners’ likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording) in any media for an unlimited period of time without payment, to promote Xero and any of its other products.
15. By participating in the Competition and by submitting any contact details, each Participant consents to receive the latest news, special offers, promotions and information from Xero by email, TXT or other channels from time to time. If at any stage you do not want to receive this information then please let us know, or use the ‘unsubscribe’ feature on communications we send you.
16. The Winner agrees that Xero may withdraw the Winner’s right to their Prize if:
a. Xero’s name is, or is likely to be in Xero’s reasonable opinion, damaged or brought into disrepute or ridicule by the Winner or by being associated with the Winner; or
b. The Winner is involved directly or indirectly in any situation (whether the relevant situation occurred before, during or after the Competition Period) which brings, or in the reasonable opinion of Xero is likely to bring, any of the Winner, Xero or the Competition into disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria, Australia.