1. This competition (Competition) is run on behalf of Xero Australia Pty Limited (Xero, us, we, or our), and is open from 10:00am on 15 May 2023 to 11:59pm on 23 June 2023 AEST (the Competition Period), with nominations closing 11:59 am on 16 June 2023 AEST). Xero may extend, cancel or amend this Competition and/or review and update these terms and conditions (Terms) on its website at any time, at its sole discretion. By entering the Competition, an entrant (Entrant, you or your) agrees to be bound by the Terms.
2. To be eligible to enter the Competition, Entrants must:
2a. be a resident of Australia who is 18 years old or more prior to, and for the duration of, the Competition Period;
2b. be a paying Xero customer before 15 June 2023; and
2c. have a valid passport or photo ID including drivers license, student ID, University ID, Proof of age, (collectively, an Eligible Entrant).
3. Xero employees, directors and their immediate family (including partners and spouses) are not eligible to enter the Competition.
4. In order to enter the Competition, an Entrant must complete and enter a valid submission via the website and complete the questions outlined on that website under the “Form” during the Competition Period.
5. Each response to the competition (Response) must be submitted in good faith and based on real life experiences of the Entrant.
6. There is a limit of one (1) entry per Entrant. Any duplicate entries or entries received after the expiry of the Competition Period will be void. No purchase or payment of any kind is required to enter the Competition.
7. Eligible Entrants, will have a chance to win one of the following prizes:
7a. First Prize: A VIP experience which includes:
- Four (4) x Match Club Tickets to the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Final in Sydney on 20 August 2023;
- Four (4) x Return flights to Sydney;
- 4.5 star accommodation for 4 people for 3 nights, with check-in on Friday 18 August and check out on Monday 21 August;
- $1,000 spending money issued on a Weel virtual corporate card; and
- Xero merchandise
7b. Second Prize: A VIP experience which includes:
- Six (6) x Match Club Tickets to the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 third-place match in Brisbane on 19 August 2023;
- Six (6) x Return flights to Brisbane;
- 4.5 star accommodation for 6 people for 3 nights, with check-in on Friday 18 August and checkout on Monday 21 August;
- $1,500 spending issued on a Weel virtual corporate card; and
- Xero merchandise.
7c. Third Prize: A VIP experience which includes:
- Four (4) x Match Club Tickets to the FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Group match New Zealand v Norway in Auckland on 20 July 2023;
- Four (4) x Return flights to Auckland;
- 4.5 star accommodation for 4 people for 3 nights, with check-in on Wednesday 19 July and check-out on Saturday 22 July ;
- $1,000 spending money issued on a Weel virtual corporate card; and
- Xero merchandise.
7d. Minor Prize: Two (2) general admission tickets to one of the following FIFA Women’s World Cup 2023 Group matches (each a Minor Prize Match):
- Australia v Republic of Ireland in Sydney on 20 July 2023;
- Australia v Nigeria in Brisbane on 27 July 2023; or
- Canada v Australia in Melbourne on 31 July 2023.
A total of 161 Minor Prizes will be awarded.
8. Winners are responsible for all costs and requirements not expressly listed as being included in the Prize (including the VIP Prizes), including without limitation, meals, entertainment, other travel and accommodation, incidentals, gratuities, services charges, optional extras, transfers, passports, visas, re-entry permits, spending money, freights, excess baggage, government taxes, departure taxes, ground transportation any tax liabilities, airport charges, any applicable surcharges and any other related costs. Travel insurance is not included in any Prize that includes accommodation and will be the responsibility of the winner(s). Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. If your Prize includes return flights, Xero will determine in its absolute discretion the departure location for the flights. Winners acknowledge that the accommodation part of the first, second and third place Prizes includes room charges only and no ancillary costs such as room service. Winners who attend the FIFA Women’s World Cup must also comply with all reasonable safety directions from venue staff prior to and on the day, including in order to comply with any COVID related government requirements that may be in place at the time. Winners acknowledge that the dates and locations of matches may change from those listed in these Terms and that Xero is not responsible for this.
9. In order to claim a Prize, Winners must provide proof of identification to Xero as requested or complete any other documentation required, in order for Xero to fulfill all ticket issuing obligations.
10. The Competition process and selection of winners from the Eligible Entrants (Winners) will be overseen and managed by Xero. For the purpose of determining each Winner, Xero will evaluate each Response according to its creativity, originality, and alignment to the Competition question. The Responses provided by the Winners will be scored according to the discretion of Xero judges. The Winners ranked:
10a. First (1st) will receive the First Prize;
10b. Second (2nd) will receive the Second Prize;
10c. Third (3rd) will receive the Third Prize; and
10d. Fourth (4th) through to 164th will receive a Minor Prize. Minor Prizes will be awarded in accordance with the evaluation criteria in paragraph 9. The particular Minor Prize Match for which a Minor Prize is awarded will be determined based on: first, the Minor Prize Winner’s preference in their Competition entry form; and second, if the Minor Prize allocation has been exhausted for their preference, then out of the remaining available Minor Prizes, the Minor Prize Match that is closest to the Minor Prize Winner’s location.
11. There is a limit of one (1) Prize per Eligible Entrant. The Winners will be notified by email within 10 days of the Competition Period ending and will be provided with details of their Prize and how the Prize will be made available to them. If a Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 7 days from the date on which they are first notified by email or phone, Xero reserves the right to withdraw the Prize (in which case the Winner will be deemed to have forfeited the Prize) and another Winner shall be selected having regard to the criteria set out above. Xero may also publish the Winners’ names on its website. To the extent possible, Xero will arrange for the Prizes to be delivered to the Winners.
12. Xero’s decisions on all matters relating to this Competition (including but not limited to selection of the Winners, awarding of the Prizes, the nature of the Prize and the operation of the Competition) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding any such matters.
13. Xero does not warrant that the Prize will meet the Winner’s requirements, relate to the Winner’s Response, or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. To avoid doubt, all implied conditions or warranties are excluded so far as is permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.
14. Prizes are not transferable, for sale, re-sale or auction and cannot be taken as cash. No Prize substitutions, except by Xero, who reserves the right to substitute a Prize with another Prize of comparable value for any reason as determined by Xero in its sole discretion.
15. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Xero, each of their affiliates and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents, including without limitation any judges of the Competition (together, the Released Parties) shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of any Prize, and you hereby release the Released Parties from any claims or damages arising out of or in connection to your participation and/or entry in the Competition and/or your receipt, acceptance, possession or use or misuse of any Prize awarded in this Competition.
16. By entering the Competition, you:
16a. agree to participate in any publicity related to the Prize and the Competition;
16b. consent to Xero, its subsidiaries or affiliates using your name, image, voice (including photograph, film and/or recording), business name, brand and photographs in any media for an unlimited period of time, to promote Xero and any of its other products; and
16c. grant Xero, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display your Response for any purpose, including future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability, in each case, without payment, remuneration or compensation being due to you.
17. Xero may be required to publish or make available details of the Competition, including the surname and region of each Winner. You can object to your details being published or made available, or reduce the amount of information published or made available, by emailing email@example.com - note Xero may still be required to provide your details as required by law.
18. By participating in the Competition and by submitting your contact details, each Eligible Entrant consents to receive the latest news, special offers, promotions and information from Xero by email, TXT or other channels from time to time. If at any stage you do not want to receive this information then please let Xero know, or use the ‘unsubscribe’ feature on communications Xero sends you.
20. The Winner agrees that Xero may withdraw the Winner’s right to their Prize if:
21a. Xero’s name is, or is likely to be in Xero’s reasonable opinion, damaged or brought into disrepute or ridicule by the Winner or by being associated with the Winner; or
22b. The Winner is involved directly or indirectly in any situation (whether the relevant situation occurred before, during or after the Competition Period) which brings, or in the reasonable opinion of Xero is likely to bring, any of the Winner, Xero or the Competition into disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule.
23. The Competition and the Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.