Information and resources
We’ve pulled together the information and resources to help guide you through these times.
Why kindness is now a business trend (and possibly a big one)
The #buylocal movement sprung up on social media at the beginning of 2020, which was nice to see. But we wanted to measure how strongly consumers really felt about that sentiment. So we asked them how much they cared about small businesses. The answers might just give you the warm fuzzies.
Customers want small businesses to digitally transform with them
Brett Grossfeld, Product Marketing Manager at Salesforce, discusses a survey conducted by Salesforce to learn how customers felt about small businesses and what they want to see from them. As it turns out, small businesses aren’t the only ones going through digital transformation.
The Next Chapter for Small Business study
To find out more about the impact of the pandemic on small businesses we commissioned a study, The Next Chapter for Small Business, by Forrester Consulting. Find out how small businesses around the world have reacted to Covid-19, how they’ve managed business continuity, and key recommendations for the future.
- Top tips: Digital marketing on a budget
- Will Covid-19 change millennial minds about accountants?
- Stronger and smarter: The key to business continuity planning
- The most cost-effective ways to market your practice and attract new clients
- Three steps to optimizing cash flow
- Celebrating Xero in Canada
- Pandemic start-up: Launching a company during lockdown
Tune in to educational content
Join one of our webinars or watch a video for updates on government assistance and tips for your business.
Digital marketing for small business
This video series is designed to help you grow your online presence and learn the fundamentals of digital marketing to extend your current reach.
- Take your business online: Learn how to create an e-commerce version of your physical business, focusing on building a profitable minimum viable product (MVP) to start making money ASAP.
- Website best practices for your small business: Learn the key considerations when creating a profitable website and how to create great content that increases traffic and that your customers love.
- How to market your small business online: Connect with your customers and make the most of your digital presence with these best practice tips for creating a successful digital marketing strategy.
- Social media marketing for small business: Learn the fundamentals of social media marketing to find your people and connect with your community.
Learn how to add a new user in Xero, add a bank account, create a quote and more in this series of videos that walk you through some first time tasks in Xero.
Video skills for small business
We've put together this video series to help you create professional-looking video content to connect and engage with your audience anywhere, anytime. Learn about the impact of video in a digital space, engagement techniques, and how to speak on camera with confidence.
Inspiration from across the globe
In times like these, we could all use a little inspiration. This video series highlights the strength and resilience of our partners and business owners.
Amy Young, Tony Jimenez, Chad Davis and Alexandra Dawes
Business continuity hub
Running your business
Visit Xero Central for tools to help your business get through unforeseen disruptions. Register for upcoming webinars, find business and mental health resources, and connect with the Xero community to share your experience.
More helpful resources
Working with Microsoft 365
In an era of remote everything, you need your team to stay connected and productive even when they work apart. Set up your business for remote work with Microsoft 365. Chat, meet, call, and collaborate all in one place with Microsoft Teams, and get access to 1TB of cloud storage (per user) plus familiar Office apps including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Find more information at our small business resource center.
Mental health and wellbeing
Xero cares about the mental health of our customers. Recently we conducted a survey of 1000 professionals in Canada to find out more about wellbeing and work-life balance when working from home. See the results in this infographic.