Fast, self-guided setup
Setting up auto sales tax is simple. Enter your contact information, business location and tax details to get set up in all states you’re currently registered to collect sales tax in.
- Avalara covers all US states and more than 13,000 tax jurisdictions
- Manage sales tax attributes for your products and services
Automated sales tax calculations
Get automated sales tax calculations on invoices without the guesswork when you use Xero’s new invoicing option.
- Taxes are automatically calculated based on where you’re selling from, where you’re selling to, whether an item is taxable according to state rules, and whether your customer is exempt from sales tax
- Avalara automatically updates with the latest rates and rules about what’s taxable
- Currently, auto sales tax on credit notes, repeating invoices, find and recode, and quotes is not yet available
View detailed sales tax reports
View enhanced, jurisdiction-based sales tax reports to make filing easier
- Get a summary, breakdown or transaction view of sales tax totals by jurisdiction
- Distinguish between taxable and non-taxable sales transactions
- E-filing options are available through Avalara
Already using Xero? Try auto sales tax now
Try auto sales tax if you’re registered for sales tax and invoice for taxable goods and services: select “Sales tax” in the Accounting menu.