Customize sales tax rates
Default sales tax rates are set up, initially to 0%, for tax on purchases, sales, and imports, and tax exempt.
- Add or amend the default sales tax rates with Xero software
- Set up as many tax rates and components as required
- Alter the sales tax rate on any line item if needed
Calculate sales tax on each line item in your invoices, quotes, purchase orders and bills.
- The tax rate selected for each item is used to calculate sales tax
- Sales tax on a transaction can be tax inclusive or exclusive, or no tax
- Set up default rates for contacts, inventory items, and accounts
Prepare sales tax returns
Run the sales tax report to gather information for completing sales tax forms for a selected tax period.
- Get a summary of taxes by rate, component or account type
- View an audit report on sales tax with Xero software
- Sales tax figures can be generated using the cash or accrual basis
New Sales Tax Integration Coming Soon
Xero and Avalara are teaming up to simplify sales tax for small businesses and their advisors.
- Click on the link below to get more information on upcoming beta trials.
- We’ll update this page with more information on how you can get involved.