Understanding MTD for VAT
Our guide to MTD for VAT covers topics such as requirements, exemptions, penalties and picking the right MTD software for your business.
- Introduction to Making Tax Digital
We explore what Making Tax Digital (MTD) is and what MTD for VAT, ITSA & Corporation Tax mean for business owners.
- A closer look at MTD for VAT requirements
How to comply with MTD for VAT requirements, covering the software you must use, how to keep digital records, and more.
- How to sign up to MTD for VAT
Find out how the sign up process for MTD for VAT has changed, and what you need to do to register.
- MTD for VAT: key dates for your business
We provide a handy list of key dates to bear in mind to help you with MTD for VAT compliance.
- Making Tax Digital exemptions
We take a look at MTD exemptions and explore whether your business could be exempted.
- Making Tax Digital penalties
We explore HMRC’s new points-based system for late submissions and payments.
- Choosing the right MTD software for your business
Choosing MTD-compliant and HMRC-recognised software is crucial. Here’s what to look for in a provider.
- A closer look at MTD bridging software
We explore what MTD bridging software is and how to use it, including a look at ‘digital links’ and how they work.
- Using Xero’s MTD software
Xero’s MTD software is HMRC-recognised and compliant with MTD for VAT. Learn how it can help you run a healthy business.