The team at Lewes FC have spent years honing their match day approach. But starting with a checklist can help you turn match day management into a series of simple steps.
Here’s a checklist based on Lewes FC’s approach:
- Estimate attendance numbers based on your ticket sales and previous games
- Create a list of volunteer roles that need to be filled
- Start your volunteer call out 2-3 weeks before the match
- Do a final volunteer call out one week ahead of the match
- Charge up your devices (think: ticket scanners, payment devices)
- Review feedback from the previous game
- Fill cash boxes with change
- Do a health and safety check of the grounds
- Check facilities, restock toilets, and tidy anything left over from previous games
- Restock the bar
- Set up the club shop (check stock, set up payment devices)
- Prepare catering for special guests (if provided)
A guide to matchday management for grassroots football clubs
We talk to Lewes FC about each stage of match day management, and share a checklist for your grassroots football club.