Producing accurate forecasts, presenting reports, and offering tailored advice requires an intimate view of a client’s finances and a thorough understanding of the client’s needs.
A good client relationship looks like any other healthy relationship. You communicate with ease, understand each other’s expectations, and consistently fulfil your end of the deal.
- Trust: You and your client feel safe to share. You act in good faith and fulfil your respective obligations.
- Clear communication: You and your client use communication channels effectively. You are open with each other, and understand and meet each other’s needs.
- Mutual respect: You and your client treat each other with respect and professionalism. You value and are considerate of each other’s opinions and expertise.
- Shared goals: You and your client have a shared understanding of the goals of your relationship. You work together to achieve those goals.
- Responsiveness: You and your client are responsive to each other’s needs. You take the time to address concerns and resolve issues.
- Flexibility: You and your client make reasonable adjustments to accommodate each other’s needs. In times of crisis, you continue to protect each other and act in the other’s best interests.
- Positive feedback: You and your recognise each other’s contributions and share positive feedback regularly. You seek feedback to improve your relationship.
- Long-term commitment: You and your client see your relationship as an ongoing commitment. You have a shared vision for the future.
How to build strong relationships with accounting clients
Like most businesses, accounting practices are built on strong relationships. Here’s everything you need to know.
- What is a good client relationship?
We explore what a good client relationship looks like and list the features of a healthy working relationship.
- Benefits of strong client relationships
Strong client relationships result in a roster of benefits for both your accounting firm and your client.
- How do you build a relationship with a client?
We talk you through the ins and outs of building a healthy relationship with a client.
- Good communication with clients
Effective communication is crucial for a good working relationship. Here’s how to communicate effectively with clients.
- Building trust with clients
We look at the qualities that can help build trust with clients.
- Maintaining long-term client relationships
We explore how you can foster and maintain long-term relationships with clients.
- Building relationships with clients remotely
We outline how to build and maintain good working relationships remotely.