Store files in Xero
Store any kind of file in the library. Attach files to invoices, bills, receipts, inventory items and contact records.
- Email, drag and drop, upload and attach documents
- Upload multiple files in one go from your phone or desktop
- Create a new transaction from the file library with one or more files attached
See docs alongside data
See the original document and enter transactions efficiently without having to switch between screens.
- View a bill, receipt or purchase order side-by-side with the data entry screen.
- Review and compare the original document alongside the transaction if there are queries
Share files in real time
Make files available to access, without having to email copies.
- Share files with your accountant, bookkeeper or employees
- Give full access if you want them to be able to add and remove files
- Send online invoices to customers with one or more files attached
More about files
Add photos as a visual aid to invoices, bills and orders. View what you’re buying or selling by uploading photos to inventory items. Use a webcam, smartphone or tablet to take photos and add them directly to transactions.See how to attach, view, delete and download files in transactions
Create folders to group and manage your files in Xero so that you can refer to them later. Organise files in folders by financial year, job, client, or any way you choose. Move files from the inbox or between folders, and rename or delete them.See how to manage your file library and inbox
Share a file with another app, or attach files directly to Xero invoices or receipts from file storage apps on your iOS mobile device.See how to share files with the mobile app for iOS