See how bank data flows securely into Xero
Reconcile each day
Set up bank feeds and reconcile bank transactions daily so the accounts stay up to date.
- Reconcile accounts using the Xero app on your phone
- If your bank doesn’t connect to Xero, manually import bank statements instead
Use suggested matches
Xero suggests matches for transactions, categorizes them, and applies rules, making account reconciliation easy.
- Match bank transactions to invoice or bill payments
- Create a new transaction in Xero as you reconcile if there isn’t one already
- Reconcile transactions by accepting the suggested match and category
Bulk reconcile transactions
When there are a lot of unreconciled transactions to code, you can reconcile them in one go if you’re on the Standard or Premium plan.
- Sort and group bank transactions, then code and reconcile them in bulk
- Receive alerts for suggested matches to invoices or bills
- Apply a bank rule to a group of transactions
More about bank reconciliation
View your bank balances, unpaid invoices, monthly profit and more when your bank account reconciliation is up to date. See reconciled transactions and receive alerts about unreconciled transactions on the Xero dashboard.See how to view and customize the Xero dashboard
When you reconcile, Xero alerts you if your actual bank balance and the balance of the bank account in Xero aren’t the same. If they don't match, the bank reconciliation summary makes it easy to check for missing, deleted, or duplicated transactions.See how to run a bank reconciliation summary report