These are additional privacy terms that apply for Xero personnel (and job candidates) resident in California.
This California Consumer Privacy Act Notice describes how Xero collects and uses information about our California resident employees, owners, directors, officers, and contractors (collectively "Staff") and job applicants, as well as other California residents who are named as emergency contacts by our Staff and people for whom we need to collect and use information about in order to administer benefits to our Staff.
We collect some or all of the following categories of personal information about our Staff and job applicants:
- Identification data (including civil/marital status, first and last name, photograph, date and place of birth, nationality, corporate identifier, gender).
- Contact details (including address, telephone number (fixed and mobile), email address, fax number, emergency contact information).
- Employment details (including job title, company name, grade, geographic location, pre-employment testing results; employee performance and evaluation data; discipline information; information regarding previous roles and employment, including information from references).
- Background information (including results of pre-employment background checks, including criminal background checks, credit checks, drugs/alcohol tests, driver records and occupational health tests).
- Academic and professional qualifications (including degrees, titles, skills, language proficiency, training information, employment history, CV/resume, certifications, professional licenses, security clearance information).
- Government identifiers (including social security number, passport number, tax ID, driver's license, visa or immigration status).
- Benefits information (including election of benefits decisions, leave requests, authorization or declination of claims, health insurance company).
- Financial data (including bank account number; bank details including bank name, salary and compensation data, bonuses, retirement or pension plan information, payroll data, tax withholding information, credit card information).
- IT-related data (including computer/device ID, user ID and password, domain name, IP address, log files, software and hardware inventory, software usage pattern tracking information (for example, cookies and information recorded for operation and training purposes).
- Lifestyle information (including hobbies, social activities and holiday preferences).
We collect this personal information for the following business purposes:
- Assess and make hiring decisions about job applicants
- Onboard our Staff, including create and maintain records regarding employment and/or services provided to us
- Manage employment and staff-related activities, including working time management, job performance and evaluation, administer and ensure compliance with company policies
- Provide and administer compensation and staff benefits
- Comply with our obligations under applicable laws
- Conduct our business, including providing IT and other resources, company-related travel, expense tracking, and training.