The ultimate guide to self-employed tax
If you’re self-employed, you will need to calculate the income tax you owe and pay it to HMRC. Here’s everything you need to know.
- Understanding tax obligations for the self employed
We explore HMRC’s definition of ‘self-employment’ and the tax obligations self-employed people need to be aware of.
- Self-employment tax thresholds
Learn about income tax and thresholds for self-employment tax, along with how to pay self-employment tax.
- Tax returns & calculating your self-employment tax
We explore how to inform HMRC if you have self-employment income and how to calculate your income tax payments.
- National Insurance for the self-employed
Learn about National Insurance rates and National Insurance contributions for self-employed people.
- Paying tax to HMRC as a self-employed person
Learn all about how the self-employed tax year works, how to pay self-employed tax, and ‘payments on account’.
- What happens if you don't pay self-employment tax?
We explore what to do if you miss your self-employment tax deadline and the late penalty charges that will apply.
- Self-employed tax and Making Tax Digital
Learn about upcoming changes to the way self-employed people and landlords manage their income tax payments.