Prepare GST effortlessly
Xero calculates GST on each transaction and generates online GST returns, whichever method you use.
- Commonly used GST rates are already set up
- Xero automatically records GST on each transaction
- Enter transaction amounts as GST inclusive or exclusive
Manage GST online
Accurately track, review and manage GST transactions using the GST software in Xero.
- View the next due date and GST you owe at any time
- See, check and amend the transactions on a return as needed
- Changes from prior returns show up on your latest return
Connect to IRD
Submit returns securely to IRD using the GST filing software in Xero. Reduce errors and double handling.
- File a GST only, or GST and provisional tax return
- The time and date of your filing are confirmed in Xero
- Track your return’s progress in myIR the next business day
More about GST
All your historical returns are retained securely in Xero for seven years in compliance with IRD regulations. Include notes that only you can see and never lose a GST return.See how to file a finalised GST return online
Use the GST audit report to check that a return includes all the transactions you expect to see in it and none that shouldn't be there. The GST reconciliation report looks at published GST returns to identify any unfiled or unpaid amounts.See how to create, review and file a GST return