How to enter contest for a chance to win the prizes
- The attendee must fill out the contact form on the event landing page - xero.com/ca/events/liberty-tax-2022 -or email email@example.com by September 30, 2022 at 1:00 pm ET.
- To be eligible for the prizes, the attendee must be a Xero partner and Liberty Tax franchise owner.
- The contest drawing will take place at the Liberty Tax Canada Convention and winners will be announced during the closing session on September 30, 2022.
Terms and Conditions
No purchase or payment of any kind is necessary to enter or win a prize in the Contest. A purchase, registration completion, or payment will not affect your chances of winning a prize. You have not yet won. Correctly answered mathematical skill-testing question required. The Contest is void where prohibited by applicable law or regulation.
1. This contest (Contest) is conducted by Xero Software (Canada) Ltd., with its registered office at Suite 2600, Three Bentall Centre, PO Box 49314, 595 Burrard Street Vancouver, British Columbia, V7X 1L3 (Xero, we, our or us), and is open from 8:00am on September 28, 2022 EDT until 1:00pm on September 30, 2022 EDT (Contest Period). Xero may, at its sole discretion, extend the Contest Period. By entering the Contest, an entrant (Entrant, you or your) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions (the Terms).
2. To be eligible to enter the Contest (Eligible), an Entrant must be (a) a Xero partner; (b) a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) (c) the age of majority in your province/territory of residence; (d) a Liberty Tax franchise owner. Entrants must also have a physical address in Canada outside of Quebec, an email address and access to the public internet in order to enter the Contest. Eligibility for the Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations. You are responsible for confirming if your participation in the Contest or acceptance of the Prize violates any applicable law, rule, regulation, or contract between you and any third party. Employees of Xero and its affiliates and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Contest.
How to Enter
3. There are two (2) ways to enter the Contest, both of which are online. An Eligible Entrant must complete one the following steps during the Entry Period, after which the Entrant will be deemed to have registered as a participant in this Contest (Participant) and accepted the Terms:
(a) Enter via entry form: To enter, you must complete the Contest entry form on the event landing page;
(b) Enter via email: To enter, you must email firstname.lastname@example.org stating that you wish to be entered in the Contest (the Entry Criteria).
4. There will be a limit of one entry per Entrant. No purchase is required to enter the Contest.
5. Submissions for entry into the Contest received other than during the Contest Period, duplicate submissions, or all submissions that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, or that do not conform to, or satisfy, any condition of the Terms and any submissions received by automated means or means that subvert the entry process described in the Terms will be void. Xero will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Xero. Xero has no obligation to notify you if your submission is void. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with any Entrant except with those selected as a potential Contest Winner.
6. If you opt to access the Contest via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill, or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carrier rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in the Contest. Xero is not responsible for any charges or lack of functionality of wireless mobile devices. If you opt to access the Contest via a third-party’s wireless mobile device, you represent and warrant that you have permission from the device owner (and associated wireless account subscriber if different than the device owner) to do so and that you have advised such person(s) of the provisions of this Section which apply to them as a result of your use of their wireless mobile device. Xero expressly disclaims any and all liability related to your use of a third-party’s wireless mobile device (or other device) to access or participate in the Contest or to access any related online content.
7. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the prize description (the Expenses) are the sole responsibility of the Entrants. Entrants may not seek reimbursement for Expenses from Xero and Xero has no obligation to reimburse any Expenses.
The Prize and Timing
8. There are six (6) prizes available to be won in the Contest anywhere across Canada (excluding Quebec). There is one (1) grand prize, which consists of a Liberty Tax and Xero co-branded marketing pack (includes pull-up banner, outdoor flag banner, swag) (approximate value of CAD$800) and a marketing package from Bizink (includes, a consultation with a Bizink marketing specialist, 6-month Social Media Growth subscription, 1-year access to the Bizink Xero Marketing Hub, five custom lead generation emails, branded brochure) (approximate value of CAD$5,000). Second prize consists of a one (1) Liberty Tax and Xero co-branded outdoor flag banner (approximate value CAD$305). (each a Prize, and collectively the Prizes). Prizes are non-refundable, not redeemable for cash, not replaceable if lost or stolen and are not transferable. Xero gives no warranties, representations or advice regarding the Prizes. Prizes are provided on an “as is” basis. No Prize substitutions, except by Xero, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is not available for any reason as determined by Xero in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, if Xerocon is not held in the United States for any reason whatsoever or is held virtually. The odds of winning a prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Being a customer of Xero will not increase your chances of winning.
9. Xero will select six Entrants at random from the Participants that have met the Entry Criteria (Winner) on or around September 30, 2022, at the Liberty Tax Canada Convention closing ceremony. The Winner will be notified by Xero and will be advised as to how the Prize will be made available to them. In order to receive their Prize, the Winner will be required to reply to Xero via email, confirming the Winner's e-mail address, full mailing address and phone number within seven (7) days of notification. If the Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 7 days from the date on which Xero first notifies them by email, the Winner may be disqualified and will forfeit their Prize, and an alternate Winner may be selected by Xero in its sole discretion.
10. Xero shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Xero for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Xero reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant should such an Entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
11. Before being confirmed as a Winner and being awarded the Prize, the potential winner will be required to (a) correctly answer, without assistance of any kind whatsoever mechanical or otherwise, a mathematical skill-testing question in no more than five (5) minutes, and (b) sign and return a Release Form (or similar document) to be provided by Xero, in order to be eligible to win the Prize (the Prize Claim Steps). The Release Form (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Terms; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) releases the Released Parties (as defined in Section 19) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, the potential winner’s participation therein and the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize; and (iv) confirms the potential winner’s consent to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Contest, photographs and/or other likeness in any publicity or advertising carried out by Xero. If the potential winner doesn’t complete the Prize Claim Steps within seven (7) business days of Prize notification, the Winner may be disqualified and will forfeit their Prize, and an alternate Winner may be selected by Xero in its sole discretion. Once eligibility has been verified and Xero receives the Winner’s requested information, Xero will arrange to award the Prize. The Winner must also complete any and all additional documents (e.g., legal or tax-related documents) provided by Xero (if any) in connection with the awarding of the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or Winner may forfeit Prizes at Xero’s sole discretion. If the potential Winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Xero will have no further obligation to the potential Winner. Prize or Prize Claim Steps returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of the Prize. In addition, Xero reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, select an alternate Winner in the event that any potential winner fails to comply with the Terms.
12. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, local or foreign taxes (and the reporting thereof), if any, and for all other unspecified expenses, fees, charges, or duties associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. It is the individual Winner’s responsibility to understand and abide by any federal, provincial, territorial, local or foreign tax laws that may apply to receipt of the Prize.
13. Xero’s decisions on all matters relating to this Contest (including but not limited to registration of Participants and determination of the Winner, the awarding of the Prize and the operation of the Contest) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding any of the foregoing.
14. This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Liberty Tax or Bizink.
15. By registering as a Participant in the Contest, you consent to Xero and its affiliates using your name and likeness, place of residence, image, brand, business, statements, voice and photographs for any publicity associated with the Contest without further payment or other compensation to you.
16. By registering as a Participant in the Contest you agree to these Terms, Xero’s Privacy Notice and to comply with all applicable laws. By registering as a Participant in the Contest, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes of Xero’s administration of the Contest. Xero may publish or make available details of the Contest, including the name and region of the Winner. You can object to your details being published or made available, or reduce the amount of information published or made available, by emailing email@example.com - note Xero may still be required to provide your details if required by law.
17. You warrant and agree that: (a) you will not tamper or attempt to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations; and (c) you will indemnify Xero for any breach of the Terms.
18. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, Xero reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
19. Neither Xero nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective Representatives are responsible for (a) theft, alteration, destruction or unauthorized access to entries; (b) problems downloading or uploading any Contest-related information or data to or from any website or platform; (c) any other technical failures or malfunctions of, or experienced by, any electronic equipment, computer systems (including, without limitation, hardware, software, SaaS or other platforms), servers, or service or other providers, phone lines, the public internet; or (d) failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Xero on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or any website or platform, or any other technical problems related to website or platform entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit your ability to participate in this Contest.
20. To the extent permitted by law, Xero and its affiliates and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents (together, the Representatives, and together with Xero and its affiliates, the Released Parties) shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence), for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss, or the right to have damages multiplied or increased) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Contest, or acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Prize, and you hereby release the Released Parties from any claims or damages arising out of or related to your participation and/or entry in the Contest and/or your receipt, acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize awarded in this Contest. For the avoidance of doubt, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, you release the Released Parties from any loss, damages or cause of action in relation to (a) any technical errors associated with the Contest; (b) unauthorized human intervention in the Contest; and (c) any other errors or problems in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Contest. You also agree that unless you are prohibited from law in doing so, you promise you will bring any and all disputes, claims and causes of action against the Released Parties, without resort to any form of class action. Each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify Released Parties from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
21. In the event that Xero receives an insufficient number of entries that meet the Entry Criteria and/or Xero is prevented from awarding the Prize or continuing with the Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite, technical or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, provincial, territorial, or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g. Covid19), order, tribunal or governmental authority, then Xero shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Contest. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Xero will (if possible) award the Prize from among the eligible entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination.
22. Xero reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Contest if any fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, for any other reason whatsoever without liability. In the event of termination of the Contest, Xero may award the Prizes from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the suspension or termination, whichever date occurred first.
23. If there’s any part or provision of these Terms that is declared illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remainder of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
24. The Contest is governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws, and the courts of the Province of Ontario shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes relating to the Contest. By entering the Contest, you submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right to challenge such jurisdiction.
25. Copies of the Terms are available on Xero’s website (www.xero.com). If you have any questions regarding the Contest, or if you would like confirmation of the Contest Winner once they are named, please contact Xero at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Xero may publish the Winner’s name, business and address on our website and any social media platforms.
Start using Xero for free
Access all Xero features for 30 days, then decide which plan best suits your business.
- Safe and secure
- Cancel any time
- 24/7 online support