See how effortless expense management works
Take a photo of receipts
Employees can submit claims on the go using the Expenses app.
- Take a photo of receipts or record your mileage using the app
- OCR technology scans key information and auto fills your claim
- Submit an expense claim in one click, with the receipt attached
Reimburse expenses promptly
Minimise the time employees wait to get paid back so they’re not out of pocket.
- Get notified as soon as an expense claim is submitted
- Quickly review and approve expenses in one click
- Pay claims the same way you pay other bills
Monitor employee spending
Manage expenses and make fast and informed decisions with powerful analytics.
- Use the expense tracker to review by employee, status, account and project
- Spot trends and insights so you can plan ahead
- Forecast and budget based on real-time figures
Do expenses on the go
Speed up the process for employees and business owners from claim to reimbursement with the Expenses app.
- Forget paper receipts – use a photo instead
- Track and submit mileage using the map in the mobile app
- Submit and approve claims from your phone for fast turnaround
More about expenses
Only pay for employees who submit an expense claim within the month. You don’t pay for an employee if all they did that month was sign in, view previous claims, or approve claims.See how expenses pricing works
If you or your employee use your own vehicle for work, you can submit a mileage claim to be reimbursed. Get your mileage expenses under control with the mileage tracker and get the insights you need to make smarter spending decisions.Learn more about mileage tracking
Set up user roles and permissions to control who can submit and approve claims. Approvers can review, approve and decline claims online or with the Expenses app on any device.See how to set user permissions
Organise expenses and keep them in check. Label what an expense relates to, so you can charge it to the right customer or project. Group and organise your own expenses using labels and assign expenses to a customer or project.See how to set up and label expense claims
Assign an expense to a specific customer as you enter it, so you can on-charge it. The expense is automatically added to the customer’s next invoice, so you can make sure you’re reimbursed.See how to assign an expense to a customer
View the dashboard for expense tracking. View charts that display real time figures for expenses. See the current state of your expense claims and view reports filtered by status, employee, expense account or project.See how to view expense analytics
Start claiming expenses for free
Access all Xero features for 30 days, then decide which plan best suits your business.
- Safe and secure
- Cancel any time
- 24/7 online support