Prepare federal and provincial sales tax returns without the headache
Localized sales tax rates
The relevant tax rates for sales and purchases come set up in Xero and are updated automatically.
- Set a rate as the default for accounts, contacts or items
- Alter the GST/HST or provincial Canadian sales tax on any line item if needed
- Add or customize tax rates
Calculate GST/HST or provincial sales tax to file GST/HST online.
- The tax rate selected for each item is used to calculate the sales tax
- Taxes for a transaction can be tax inclusive or exclusive, or no tax
- Set up default rates for contacts, inventory items, and accounts
Sales tax return reports
Generate Canadian sales tax reports to file GST/HST or provincial sales tax online. Select tax periods and easily view individual transactions..
- Default tax rates are automatically mapped to corresponding lines or boxes on the return reports
- Easily view individual transactions within each return line or box number
- Track prior period adjustments to account for added, deleted, or edited transactions
- GST/HST, British Columbia PST, Manitoba RST, Saskatchewan PST, and Québec QST return reports are currently available
More about sales tax
Canada GST/HST or provincial sales tax return reports automatically include transactions that relate to prior return periods – transactions you enter or alter after the return for that period was finalized – from the date you start using the return in Xero.See how prior period adjustments work
View all of your sales tax return reports along with their status, date, and amount owing or owed. Xero retains historic sales tax return reports so it’s simple to look back and keep business records in Xero.
British Columbia PST, Manitoba RST, Saskatchewan PST, and Québec QST reports are available in addition to GST/HST filing reports.