Communicating the value of Hubdoc
Hubdoc automates your clients’ document collection and extracts key data out of those documents so you can work much more efficiently. There are many benefits for your clients as well – here’s how to talk about them.
Tailoring conversations with your clients
If there’s one conversation that most cloud-enabled accounting or bookkeeping practices need to have with their clients, it’s the ‘cloud conversation’ – the discussion that covers how you’re going to meet their needs with cloud accounting technology.
Not every discussion will be the same – even if you’ve defined your ideal client, you’ll always be dealing with varying levels of tech-savviness and comfort with change. These conversations about saving time and streamlining bookkeeping processes with a tool like Hubdoc, are easier if you make it about the benefits your client will experience, rather than trying to sell a solution. If you can help them visualise the difference Hubdoc will make to the way they work, they’ll be more likely to get on board.
Personalise the benefits of Hubdoc so they address:
tasks your clients dislike doing or forget to do, and how Hubdoc can help
each client’s goals and how Hubdoc will help them get there
- how Hubdoc will help make for a better working relationship
How Hubdoc benefits small businesses
Here are some of the ways Hubdoc will benefit your small business clients and what you can tell them.
For clients who struggle to make information or documents available to you that you need to do your job effectively:
- Easily get bills and receipts into Xero - Hubdoc makes it easy to capture bills and receipts using any device including your mobile, email or scanner. Once uploaded, the key information (supplier name, date, and total amount) is automatically extracted and ready to publish to Xero with the original bill or receipt attached.
- Seamlessly match transactions to your bank feed - Bills and receipts show up in Xero as accurately categorised transactions that are easy to match with your bank feed for an up-to-date view of your financials.
- Go paperless - All your bills and receipts are securely stored in the cloud; searchable and easy to access from anywhere in the world.
With the above processes in place, your clients will work more effectively with you and they’ll be empowered to:
- Make better decisions - With an accurate, near real-time view of your finances, you’re in control and can make more informed business decisions.
- Free up time to do what you love - An efficient bookkeeping process will free up time to work on your business (instead of in it). Or take the time saved to recharge and create a more balanced way of working.
- Feel confident in the numbers - Be assured that your business is compliant, your books are up-to-date, and your bills and receipts are securely and centrally stored.
Hubdoc partner guides
Making a plan
Hubdoc can help reduce much of the back-and-forth that goes on to collect documents from your clients. However, it doesn’t eliminate the need for good collaboration between you both.Next section