1. These terms and conditions will apply to all registrations for the following event: Xero Talks 2022 (Event). By registering for the Event you agree to these terms and conditions. If you are registering more than one person, you acknowledge and accept these terms in full on behalf of each person included in your registration and confirm that you have the authority to bind each person to these terms and have consent from each person to disclose their personal information to us.
2. Xero Software (Canada) Ltd. (Xero) reserves the right to reject or accept your registration at any time in its sole discretion. If your registration is rejected by Xero, your sole remedy shall be a refund of your pre-paid registration fee, if any.
3. You agree to comply with all instructions issued by Xero or venue management in relation to the Event.
4. You acknowledge that the material presented at the Event is copyrighted and cannot be re-used in whole or in part without the prior express written permission of Xero and its licensors.
5. Unless expressly authorized in advance and in writing by Xero, you are prohibited from photographing the Event, or recording or transmitting audio or visual material, data or information presented at the Event.
6. Xero reserves the right at any time to change the format (including, but not limited to, changing it from an in-person event to a virtual or hybrid in-person/virtual event), participants, content, location and timing or any other aspect of the Event, in each case without liability.
7. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all guarantees, representations, conditions and warranties of any nature in connection with the Event are expressly excluded.
8. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Xero, its employees, agents, affiliates and contractors will not be liable for personal injury or death, property damage, theft, or any other loss (including but not limited to, liability for negligence, breach of these terms and conditions, or any other agreement), damage, cost of expense (including, but not limited to, loss of profits, business interruption, loss of information, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss or damage) arising out of or in connection with the Event. Xero will not be liable for any losses or damages associated with cancellation of the Event (including cancellation or rebooking costs relating to travel and accommodations) where such cancellation is due to causes beyond Xero’s reasonable control (including, but not limited to, natural disaster, act of terrorism, COVID-19 or other epidemic/pandemic outbreak or any associated governmental or other applicable restriction, rule, order or the like, riot, strike or industrial dispute). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, in no event shall Xero’s aggregate liability under the agreement exceed $100. Except as expressly stated in these terms, and except as otherwise required under applicable law, any and all amounts paid by, or on behalf of, Event registrants to Xero or any of its affiliates in connection with the Event are non-refundable.
9. In addition to complying with any health and safety policies that Xero may communicate to you prior to, or during, the Event in order to promote the wellbeing of Event attendees and staff, you must comply with all applicable local, provincial and federal and foreign laws, codes, rules, regulations, ordinances and orders of governmental authorities in connection with the COVID-19 pandemic. Prior to attending the Event, we strongly encourage you to consult the Government of Canada website at: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19.html, and applicable provincial and local health department/agency websites for the latest information regarding COVID-19 and COVID-19 prevention in Canada and the area where the Event is being held.
10. If you are traveling from outside of Canada to attend the Event, you should consult the relevant governmental authorities in your home country for any applicable travel restrictions. If you (or anyone you have provided care or had close contact with) have traveled outside of Canada to an area under a Government of Canada travel health advisory related to COVID-19 in the last 14 days leading up to the Event, you must not attend the Event. These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Canada, without reference to its conflicts of laws principles. In the event of any dispute between you and Xero in connection with these terms and conditions, such dispute shall be resolved exclusively in provincial or federal courts located in the City of Toronto. The parties each submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes.
11. If you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or have in the last 14 days leading up to the Event, been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or who you suspect may have COVID-19, or have COVID-19 symptoms as set out here: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/symptoms.html, you must not attend the Event.
You acknowledge and agree that if you provide any information, including personal details, to any third parties at the Event, then you do so at your own risk and such other party may use this information in accordance with its own policies. Xero makes no representations or warranties about how any non-Xero party may retain, use or disseminate your information.
14. By registering for the Event, you acknowledge that there will be filming, sound recording and photography at the Event. You give Xero and its affiliates unrestricted permission and irrevocable consent to photograph and film you, and to record your voice or written or oral presentations, and use your picture, photograph and other reproductions of your physical likeness and sound (including as edited by or on behalf of Xero) for any legitimate marketing purpose by or on behalf of Xero and its affiliates to the extent permitted by applicable law. To the extent permitted by applicable law, you hereby release Xero, its successors, assigns and licensees from and against any and all claims, liabilities, losses, demands, actions, causes of action, costs and expenses whatsoever, at law or in equity, known or unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, which you may, or shall hereafter have arising out of Xero’s use as herein provided and/or use by any third-party with or without Xero’s consent.
15. Nothing presented during the Event constitutes business, financial or accounting advice. Please speak to your own independent professional advisors for advice regarding your own business, financial or accounting matters. The Event should not be seen as a substitute for professional advice and Xero is not liable for your use of the information.