At Xero, our HR team is known as People Experience (PX), as providing an amazing experience for our people is at the heart of what we do. As we continue to grow at a rapid pace at Xero, we need to ensure the PX support we provide to the business remains #human and world class, but is also scalable.
As a People Experience (PX) Graduate you’ll be involved in giving advice and administrative support, providing an amazing experience for our people. You’ll assist the PX team as we transform our systems, tools and processes, continuing to help PX succeed as we scale for growth globally.
What we’d like to see from you
- have appropriate HR qualifications
- have a proactive, ‘can-do’ attitude, be exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- have excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building, including the ability to communicate with people, both in writing and in person
- be able to exercise effective judgement, sensitivity, creativity to changing needs and situations
If this sounds like you, get in touch! We’d love to hear from you
How to apply
Due to the number of applications we receive, we ask that you only apply for one role in one location. Please take some time to research each opportunity available before submitting your application.
If you’re invited to a grad day, it will include technical and soft skills interviews, as well as group and individual challenges.
Applications open on 28 February 2022 and close on 20 May 2022.
Applications have now closed.
The application process
You’ll progress through the application process in these stages.
Step 1: Submit CV and meet eligibility criteria
The first thing you need to do is meet the eligibility criteria.
Our eligibility criteria for the graduate program are:
- Full-time working rights
- Fewer than 12 months professional working experience in relevant industries
- Availability to start full-time in February 2023
Our eligibility criteria for internships are:
- Availability for full-time work from November 2022 through to February 2023
- Be in your penultimate year of study in your chosen field
When you apply, your CV will only be used to verify your eligibility and won’t be used for screening purposes.
Step 2: Complete a values assessment
Once you’ve met the eligibility criteria, you’ll be invited to complete a values assessment. Find out more about Xero’s values.
Step 3: Complete behavioural and skills assessments
Then you’ll be asked to complete a behavioural assessment, which you can practice here.
Step 4: Record a short video interview for our team
Next, you’ll be invited to pre-record a video interview for our team.
If your video interview is successful, you’ll be invited to attend a grad day.
We’ll review all applications before making a decision so you can expect to hear from us in June 2022.
Step 5: Attend the virtual grad day
The grad day is a half-day virtual event where you’ll be assessed across three different activities: an interview, a technical assessment, and a group activity. You’ll also have an opportunity to learn more about Xero and the grad program, and meet some previous grads.