File straight to IRAS
Submit your GST return directly from Xero to IRAS in one click, making the filing process simpler.
- Review and finalise GST returns with your team and advisor, before submitting to IRAS
- Only the data that you authorise for submission is sent from Xero to IRAS - no other data is shared
Prepare GST online effortlessly
Software shows GST online, and tax rates for sales tax and tax on goods.
- Standard GST rates are already set up
- Xero automatically records GST on each transaction
- Enter transaction amounts as GST inclusive or exclusive, or no tax
Handle foreign currencies
Xero automatically includes foreign currency transactions and their realised gains or losses in GST F5 returns.
- Include foreign currency conversion amounts with GST in invoices
- Convert invoices, payments and bills from over 160 currencies
- Produce financial statements and GST F5 in SG dollars
Manage GST in Xero
Accurately track, review and manage GST transactions online in Xero, and collaborate with your advisor.
- View the next due date and GST you owe at any time
- Sort transactions into groups based on IRAS filing requirements
- Check and amend the individual transactions that make up a return
More about GST
All your historical returns are retained securely in Xero for five or more years in compliance with IRAS regulations. You can include notes on historical returns that only you can see, and once the final return is saved, no further changes can be made.
Xero includes default Singapore GST rates for income, expenses, imports, and zero-rated and no GST items. Each account in the chart of accounts has an editable GST rate. You can set up GST rates for specific contacts and add additional rates if needed.
You can view and verify individual transactions in your GST return by selecting 'Transactions by box number'. If you use multi-currency, transactions show in both base and transaction currency.
You can export your GST F5 report to PDF and Excel so you can review and collaborate on draft reports with your team and advisor. Excel exports now include transaction details that hyperlink to Xero and are grouped by F5 box totals.
Boxes 10 and 11 now auto-populate based on a newly introduced tax code. Optional boxes 14 to 19 are also now available in the F5 form.