GST is increasing on 1 January 2024
On 1 January 2024, the GST rate in Singapore will increase from 8% to 9%.
- We'll make the new 9% rate available in Xero by 5 December 2023.
- Any default tax rates will continue to default to 8% until you update them.
- On 2 January 2024, we'll introduce a new button at the top of your Chart of Accounts page, called ‘Update to 9% defaults’. All you need to do is select ‘Update’ to update the GST rate on your contacts, inventory items and accounts. If you have more than one Xero organisation, you’ll need to do this for each one.
File straight to IRAS
Submit your GST return directly from Xero to IRAS in one click, making the filing process simpler.
- Review and finalise GST returns with your team and advisor, before submitting to IRAS
- Only the data that you authorise for submission is sent from Xero to IRAS - no other data is shared
Prepare GST online effortlessly
Xero calculates GST on supplies and purchases, and automatically populates a GST F5 return.
- Standard GST rates are already set up
- Xero automatically records GST on each transaction
- Enter transaction amounts as GST inclusive or exclusive, or no tax
Handle foreign currencies
Xero automatically includes foreign currency transactions and their realised gains or losses in GST F5 returns.
- Include foreign currency conversion with GST in invoices
- Convert invoices, payments and bills from over 160 currencies
- Produce financial statements and GST F5 in SG dollars
Manage GST with ease
Accurately track, review and manage GST transactions in Xero, and collaborate with your advisor using the same set of data in real-time.
- View the next due date and GST you owe at any time
- Sort transactions into groups based on IRAS filing requirements
- Check and amend the individual transactions that make up a return
Start using Xero for free
Access Xero features for 30 days, then decide which plan best suits your business.
- Safe and secure
- Cancel any time
- 24/7 online support