This contest (the Competition) is conducted by Xero (Singapore) Pte. Ltd (Xero, we, our or us), and is open from 2:00pm SGT on 4 September 2023 until 12:00pm SGT on 15 November 2023 (Competition Period). Xero may, at its sole discretion, extend the Competition Period. By entering the Competition, a Participant (Entrant, you or your) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions (T&Cs).
Acceptance of T&Cs
By participating in the Competition, each Entrant confirms that he/she has read, understood and agrees to be bound by these T&Cs set out herein, including any other requirements set out in any Competition-related promotional material, and all amendments, additions and replacements and modifications thereto as may be made from time to time.
To be eligible to enter the Competition (Eligible), in addition to any other requirements set out in these T&Cs, you must be:
- a resident of Singapore prior to, and for the duration of, the Competition;
- over the age of 18 years old; and
- be an employee, director, sole trader or sole practitioner of an accounting or bookkeeping practice or firm.
Eligibility for the Competition is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and local laws, rules and regulations. You are responsible for confirming if your participation in the Competition or acceptance of any Prize (as that term is defined in Section 5(d)) violates any applicable law, rule, regulation, or contract between you and any third party (e.g., any existing assignment of rights or license to any intellectual property created by you).
To register to participate in the Competition, an Eligible Entrant must complete the following steps, following which the Eligible Entrant will be deemed to have registered as a participant in the Competition (Participant) and have accepted the T&Cs and agreed to comply with their terms. The registration steps are as follows:
- Register to attend the Xero Asia Roadshow (which will be held on 16 November 2023, from 12:30pm to 5:00pm SGT) (Event) on or before 30 September 2023 for two entries into the draw, and between 1 October and 15 November 2023, both days inclusive, for one entry into the draw.
- Before the close of the Competition Period, complete the online form at https://xero-asia.jomablue.com/reg/store/asia_roadshow_delegates by entering your personal details and your response to the statement below: “Tell us what you are most looking forward to at the Xero Asia Roadshow in Singapore this year”
- Attend the Event and be present at the lucky draw (together, Entry Criteria).
You may be required to register for the Competition or complete any of the steps of the Entry Criteria via your own computer device. Other charges may apply (including, but not limited to, charges for internet access). Xero is not responsible for any charges or lack of functionality of any computer devices. If you opt to access the Competition via a third-party’s computer device, you represent and warrant that you have permission from the device owner to do so and that you have advised such person(s) of the provisions of this Section 4(b) which apply to them as a result of your use of their computer device. Xero expressly disclaims any and all liability related to your use of a third-party’s computer device (or other device) to access or participate in the Competition or to access any related online content.
Winning Criteria and Prize
There will be 1 winner chosen by Xero at its sole discretion based on the best responses received which satisfy the Entry Criteria (each, a Winner).
Each Winner will receive a trip to Xerocon London 2024 for two, inclusive of a pair of Xerocon London 2024 entry tickets, a pair of flight tickets, and hotel accommodation valued up to US$10,000 (Prize). Airline and hotel accommodation will be selected by Xero at its sole discretion.
We will announce the Winner during the Event and the Winner must be present when they are announced at approximately 5:00pm SGT on 16 November 2023. If a Winner is not present in person when announced, the Winner is deemed to have forfeited the Prize and Xero may select another Winner in their place.
Xero will notify the Winner onsite at the event, and via email, and advise how their Prize will be made available to them.
There is a limit of
- Two (2) entries per Eligible Entrant if they fulfill the registration conditions of Section 4(a) on or before 30 September 2023; or
- One (1) entry per Eligible Entrant if they fulfill the registration conditions of Section 4(a) between 1 October and 15 November 2023, both days inclusive.
No purchase or payment is required to enter the Competition. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning.
Xero employees and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Competition.
The Prize is provided on an “as is” basis, is non-refundable, cannot be replaced if lost or stolen and is not transferable for sale, re-sale or auction and cannot be taken as cash or redeemed for cash. There will be no Prize substitutions, except by Xero, who reserves the right to substitute the Price for another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is not available for any reason as determined by Xero in its sole discretion. Xero does not warrant that the Prize will meet the Winner’s requirements or that it will be suitable for any particular purpose. All implied conditions or warranties about the Prize under any applicable law are excluded to the extent permitted by law, including (without limitation) warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose. The odds of winning a Prize depends on the number of eligible entries received during the Competition Period and the results of the evaluation of those entries by the judges of the Competition.
The Winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal, provincial, territorial, local and foreign taxes (and the reporting thereof), if any, and for all other unspecified expenses, fees, charges and duties associated with the acceptance or use of the Prize. It is the individual Winners’ responsibility to understand and abide by any federal, provincial, territorial, local or foreign tax laws that may apply to receipt of the Prize.
Xero’s decisions on all matters relating to this Competition (including but not limited to the registration of Participants and the determination of the Winners, the awarding of the Prize and the operation of the Competition) will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding it.
Xero reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Competition if any fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Competition, or for any other reason whatsoever, without liability. In the event of termination of the Competition, Xero may award the Prize from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the suspension or termination.
In the event that Xero receives an insufficient number of entries that meet the Entry Criteria and/or Xero is prevented from awarding the Prize or continuing with the Competition as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labour dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite, technical or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (e.g., Covid19), order of any court, tribunal or governmental authority, then Xero shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Competition. If the Competition is terminated before the designated end date, Xero will (if possible) judge all entries meeting the Entry Criteria received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination.
Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Competition may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, Xero reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Neither Xero nor its subsidiaries nor affiliates, nor any of their respective representatives are responsible for:
- theft, alteration, destruction or unauthorized access to entries;
- problems downloading or uploading any Competition-related information or data to or from any website or platform;
- any other technical failures or malfunctions of, or experienced by, any electronic equipment, computer systems (including, without limitation, hardware, software, SaaS or other platforms, including, without limitation, any social media platform), servers, or service or other providers, phone lines, the public internet; or
failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Xero on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or any website or platform, or any other technical problems related to website or platform entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit your ability to participate in this Competition.
By entering the Competition, you:
- consent to the use of your name, image and brand for Xero’s and its affiliates’ promotional use without further payment or compensation to you;
- grant Xero, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable licence to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display any materials you submit to Xero in connection with the Competition, including but not limited to any comments, recordings, documents, emails and posts on any platform in relation to the Competition (Content);
- consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information solely for the purposes of administering the Competition and acknowledge that Xero may be required to publish or make available details of the Competition, including the name and region of each Winner. Please note that personal information provided as part of this Competition may be collected in, transferred to and processed and stored in jurisdictions outside of the country where you reside. You can object to your details being published or made available, or reduce the amount of information published or made available, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org;
- agree that you are fully responsible for the Content and that Xero will not be liable for the Content; and
- acknowledge that Xero may remove, decline to publish or invalidate any Content or entry without notice for any reason whatsoever.
By participating in this Competition, you agree that:
you will not submit any Content that:
- is unlawful or fraudulent; or
- Xero deems is in breach or alleged breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, or otherwise inappropriate;
the Content must not contain viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
you will not tamper or attempt to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Competition;
you have obtained all necessary consents from the owner of any intellectual property that subsists in the Content;
the Content does not infringe any rights of any third party, including but not limited to, rights in copyright;
you will not act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person;
the Content must be in “good taste” and in keeping with Xero’s brand image and must not be explicit or offensive, as determined by Xero, in its sole discretion;
the Content must not in Xero’s sole discretion contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
the Content must not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights;
you consent to any use of the Content which may otherwise infringe the Content creator’s moral rights and warrant that you have the full authority to grant these rights;
you consent to receive the latest news, special offers, promotions, information from Xero by email, text message or other channels from time to time. If at any stage you do not want to receive this information then please let Xero know, or use the ‘unsubscribe’ feature on the communications that Xero sends to you;
you acknowledge that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with any third party platform that we may use to advertise the Competition. Xero will not bear any legal liability, express or implied, in relation to any content published on any platform that is not visible to Xero.
you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computers or communication systems; and
you will indemnify and hold harmless Xero and its directors, officers, employees, representatives and agents against any and all loss or damage that they suffer, directly or indirectly as a result of any negligent or unlawful act or omission, or breach of these T&C’s by you.
Exclusions of liability
To the extent permitted by law, Xero and its affiliates (the Released Parties) and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, and agents, including without limitation any judges of the Competition, if applicable (together, the Representatives), shall not be liable in any way (including, without limitation, in negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever suffered (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss, or the right to have damages multiplied or increased) or for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or acceptance, possession, or use or misuse of the Prize, and you hereby release the Released Parties from any claims or damages arising out of or related to your participation and/or entry in the Competition and/or your receipt, acceptance, possession or use or misuse of the Prize awarded in this Competition. For clarity, and without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you release the Released Parties from any loss, damages or cause of action in relation to:
- any technical errors associated with the Competition;
- unauthorised human intervention in the Competition; and
- any other errors or problems in connection with the Competition, including, without limitation, errors that may occur in the administration of the Competition.
You promise that you will not bring any disputes, claims or causes of action against the Released Parties in connection with this Competition and, if you do bring any such dispute, claim or cause of action, Xero may plead this clause as a complete defence and a bar to any proceedings.
These T&Cs will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Singapore.