Customise sales tax rates
Default sales tax rates are set up, initially to 0%, for tax on purchases, sales, and imports, and tax exempt.
- Add or amend the default tax rates
- Set up as many tax rates and components as required
- Alter the tax rate on any line item if needed
Calculate sales tax on each line item in your invoices, quotes, purchase orders and bills.
- The tax rate selected for each item is used to calculate sales tax
- Sales tax on a transaction can be tax inclusive or exclusive, or no tax
- Set up default rates for contacts, inventory items, and accounts
Prepare sales tax returns
Run the sales tax report to gather information for completing sales tax forms for a selected tax period.
- Get a summary of taxes by rate, component or account type
- View an audit report with sales tax software to see the individual transactions
- Sales tax figures can be generated using the cash or accrual basis
Start using Xero for free
Access all Xero features for 30 days, then decide which plan best suits your business.
- Safe and secure
- Cancel any time
- 24/7 online support