Entitlements as a Xero partner
For silver, gold and platinum partners in Asia, Xero rewards you in several different ways including with funds for marketing. When you invest in marketing activities to promote your Xero partner status, we’ll share the costs with you.
Market your Xero partner status and get reimbursed on a dollar-for-dollar basis. The higher your Xero partner status level, the more funding you enjoy.
Get reimbursed up to US$500 per annum for marketing activities + US$200 per quarter for events only
Get reimbursed up to US$5,000 per annum + US$200 per quarter for events only
Get reimbursed up to US$10,000 per annum for marketing activities + US$200 per quarter for events only
How the partner marketing fund works
The partner marketing fund aims to support you when you promote your practice’s status as a Xero partner. You can use them to attract new clients, or raise the awareness of Xero among your existing clients. There are four easy steps to applying for and receiving partner marketing fund reimbursements.
It’s always better to apply for the funding first and gain pre-approval for your upcoming marketing spend. When in doubt, check in with your Xero account manager.
Step 1. Apply for funding
Fill in the online funding form before you commence your activities. Someone from our team will be in touch with your request within the next three to five business days to assess the validity of your application.
Step 2. Go ahead with your activity
Once you receive pre-approval for your marketing funding, you can proceed with your marketing activities with a peace of mind. We love to see the success of your campaigns, so remember to capture photos of your advertisements or events.
Step 3. Share all related information
Upon completion of your marketing activity, please share all related information with us, including any invoices from your supplier. Invoice us for the amount to be reimbursed based on your eligibility.
Step 4. Woohoo – money in the bank!
Once we’ve verified your invoices, we will proceed to process your reimbursement. Please note that payment can take up to 30 days. It’s also important to know that your marketing fund refreshes every financial year end (i.e. March).
1. Who is eligible for the partner marketing funds?
Xero Silver, Gold and Platinum partners in Asia are eligible for partner marketing funds. Learn more about the Xero partner program and its benefits here.
2. What am I entitled to if I meet the eligibility criteria?
Xero Silver partners can claim up to US$500 per annum for approved marketing activities + US$200 per quarter for approved events only.
Xero Gold partners can claim up to US$5,000 per annum for approved marketing activities + US$200 per quarter for approved events only.
Xero Platinum partners can claim up to US$10,000 per annum for approved marketing activities + US$200 per quarter for approved events only.
3. What is the difference between the quarterly event fund and the annual marketing fund?
The event fund covers only the costs of venue rental and food catering specific to the event. This does not include the marketing costs that your team incur to promote the event. Your suppliers’ invoices will be reimbursed in full with a limit of USD 200 per quarter.
The marketing fund covers all approved online and offline marketing activities that your team has planned to promote your status as a Xero partner. Your suppliers’ invoices will be reimbursed on a dollar-for-dollar basis with a limit that applies based on your partner status.
For example, practice A has conducted a workshop that promotes their service as a Xero partner to their potential clients. An event room was booked and food and beverages were ordered to be served during the event. They have also engaged the service of a marketing agency to design and print brochures to be given out at this workshop. After the event, practice A can claim the following from Xero:
- Booking of event room + food and beverage = Covered under quarterly event fund
- Marketing agency’s fees to design and print the relevant marketing materials = Covered under annual marketing fund
4. What are the approved marketing activities?
The co-op marketing covers your marketing activity including but not limited to:
- digital and social, such as Facebook ads & digital billboard advertising
- newspaper and magazine, such as Industry publications
- mass media advertising; such as radio & TV
- editorial, such as content writing
- Xero collateral; such as flyers or brochures.
Read our co-op marketing fund guide for examples and more information. If you are unsure, it’s always better to apply for the funding first and gain pre-approval for your upcoming marketing spend.
5. What are the criteria for each approved marketing activity?
To qualify for the co-op marketing fund, your marketing activity must:
- include a Xero partner badge
- promote the benefits of Xero, and
- where possible, include a call to action to visit www.xero.com.
6. In what cases would the funding NOT be approved?
Here are some examples of activities we will not be able to support with the partner marketing fund:
- Accommodation and travel to and from events
- Sponsorship of local sports teams, athletes and events
- Conferences where Xero is already sponsoring
- Generic branding or advertising that doesn’t specifically reference Xero
- Search engine optimisation (SEO) and search engine marketing (SEM/Google AdWords) campaigns
- Anything that mentions or promotes other accounting software providers
7. How do I apply for the partner marketing fund?
Simply fill in the application form on the right with your marketing ideas and someone from our team will be in touch within 3-5 business days to assess the validity of your claims.
If you need any help, please reach out to your Xero account manager or simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marketing resources for your practice
Partner marketing fund guide
Find out what marketing activities are covered and what's not, and how to apply for the partner marketing fund.
Marketing guides for accounting firms
‘Marketing for accounting firms 101’ - marketing tips for accounting firms
How to make the most out of your marketing with Xero
We’ve included some pointers on planning a campaign or event that leverages on your Xero partner status to attract new Xero clients and provide even more value for your existing clients.
Marketing collaterals for your practice and clients
Find up-to-date marketing and sales resources to help your practice grow. These include collateral ready for you to share with your small business clients.