Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Development | Canberra, Australia
As the world's first cloud-based accounting software, Xero was classed as a disruptor of the industry and has lead the way on many innovations. Our people are a passionate team of technologists who love to learn and get involved in the community. We focus on developing solutions to make it easier for small businesses to grow through beautiful accounting software. With us, you have a chance to make a huge impact on the lives and businesses of hundreds of thousands of people globally.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and change are not only inspired but also celebrated. We value our people and want them to enjoy and take pride in their work.
What you’ll do
As a Quality Assurance Analyst in Xero you’ll do a lot more than just write and execute test cases. Working in a cross-functional team, the QA is responsible for guiding and managing quality throughout the whole process. This includes:
- Attending all team meetings to provide thorough analysis of quality risks in design, architecture and development.
- Engaging the whole team to consider quality through ongoing discussions and managing the test execution workload.
- Having in-depth knowledge of the entire Xero platform and being able to think outside the newly developed feature, recognising the scope of change and the flow-on effects that it could have for other parts of the system.
- Creating detailed plans for functional and regression testing using appropriate tools and techniques for each solution.
- Executing technical testing tasks using a range of different tools during early stages of development when there is no user interface or business flows ready to be tested.
- Performing end user based testing to ensure that Xero products maintain the beautiful user experience that our customers love.
- Reporting and monitoring of bugs and issues with the system under test or the test environments and ensuring a quick resolution so that work can continue.
What you’ll bring
We are looking for a passionate QA to join our team. Just as important as the technical experience is the attitude and ethos you’ll bring to the team:
- A desire to build strong, respectful relationships and work as a member of a team that delivers exceptional experiences for our customers.
- The motivation to be a champion of quality in a small multi-disciplined team; highlighting the importance of quality and the ways that different team members can be responsible for it.
- Experience with - or an understanding of - agile concepts and ceremonies.
- A willingness to share knowledge and experiences through communication and detailed documentation.
- An ambition to learn new skills, experiment with new tools and be up-to-date with current testing trends that enable faster delivery.
- Experience with - or an understanding of - continuous testing and test automation and knowing where and how effective test automation can be done.
- The ability to interact with databases and RESTful web services to ensure the correct transfer and storage of data.
- The ability to debug problems using browser dev tools and error logging tools to provide detailed analysis to developers for quick resolution.
- Effective management of test cases used for regression, acceptance and exploratory testing using any type of test management software.
This role provides great opportunities to be exposed to many different disciplines and technologies, so if you are someone who is excited about learning new things and keeping up to date with the latest tools and practices, then this role is for you!
We’re an open and inclusive environment who values diversity and encourages our people to bring their whole-selves to work. We're supportive of flexible working arrangements to help you balance life outside the office and offer a whole bunch of awesome benefits to make your time with us that much enjoyable!