If you have many staff members, then using an import file may save you time when setting up your staff accounts. Another advantage is that you can assign a specific role to each staff member, for example Junior Accountant, which will allocate default privileges to their account.
Key Learning Points
- In an import file, you can assign a role to a user, which sets them up with default privileges. This can speed up the staff setup process.
Tips & Tricks
- After the import, you should review and update the staff privileges to ensure they match exactly what you want the user to be able to see and do in the system.
- You cannot import a payroll code or contact information. Add this information after the import.
- If you import staff records, the user will NOT receive a notification email. Inform them to click on Forgot your password? the first time they log into the system
What should I do now?
- To prepare your import file, download the sample CSV file.
- Edit the file with your staff details and import the file into Practice Manager.
- Check each staff record and edit details and privileges as required.
- Once you have successfully completed the staff setup, proceed to the next tutorial: Add staff teams.