Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Developers - Product (Small Business)
Development | Wellington, New Zealand
At Xero we’re rewiring the small business economy and want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable for small business owners, and more enjoyable too.
Xero is used globally by millions of customers every single day and we’re still growing, fast. We’re passionate about building #beautiful software and continuously improving experiences for our awesome customers!
You can be part of it!
Our Product team works on the customer-facing part of Xero used by accountants and small businesses to help them to understand how their business is performing and to meet legal compliance needs.
Developers in Product work in a collaborative team environment, continually delivering improvements and features to our customers while looking for innovative ways to handle the #challenge of this fast-paced industry.
We believe in measuring the outcomes of our work and the way that we work so that we have evidence whether we’re building the right thing and that we’re working in the most effective way.
We believe that awesome developers with a growth mindset can code in any language or framework when given the support they need. Our core technologies are .Net, React and AWS but we’re looking for anyone with the enthusiasm to develop their skills and meet the challenges of working on a product that needs to meet the needs of millions of global users.
Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge, support and mentor you to do the best work of your life!
What we’re looking for:
- You have a growth mindset and are willing to learn the technologies and frameworks needed to meet your team’s goals
- You believe a strong team is more valuable than a group of individuals and will love helping your team to thrive through coaching, pairing, mobbing and educating.
- You take a #human approach to software and development and consider yourself at an intermediate or senior level in at least one language or framework.
- You take #ownership of the outcomes you need to achieve and you’ll #champion writing maintainable code that can scale to deal with millions of users.
- Above all, you want to make a positive impact on the lives of our millions of users
We like to keep things real and encourage everyone to maintain a healthy work/life balance. There are loads of perks to enjoy too -
- Work in a bright modern office with adjustable desks so you can sit or stand
- Flexible hours to suit your lifestyle
- Have the freedom to dress how you like - we like to keep it casual
- Barista coffee machines, pool tables, ping pong and PlayStation
- Access to wellness programs, discounted gym memberships, fitness classes
- Free paddleboards to explore the harbour in ‘the coolest little capital in the world’
- Free fresh fruit every day!
Apply now with your CV and Cover Letter!
Xero is an NZ Accredited Employer