Staff capacity refers to the daily availability in hours for each staff member and their target billable percentage for the week. For example, Chloe works 35 hours a week and has a target of 80%. This means she is expected to record 28 billable hours every week to meet her target.
Key Learning Points
- To track staff productivity in the firm, add staff capacity settings.
- To monitor non billable time, you have to create internal jobs. You will learn about internal jobs in the next section about Job Settings.
Tips & Tricks
- Once you start working in the application, you may want to adjust the target percentages to ensure that you are setting realistic expectations.
- Staff members can use the Productivity chart in the Dashboard to track their weekly productivity.
- You can use the Productivity Dashboard in the Reports menu to track overall productivity in your firm.
What should I do now?
- If you are planning to track staff productivity in your firm, then enter the capacity settings for all staff members now, then continue to Step 2: Job Settings.