San Francisco, CA,
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is beautiful accounting software that's changed the way people do business all over the world.
http://vimeo.com/51563083 — watch the video, you'll enjoy it.
The company is also nearly doubling in size every year. We’re winning. Come help us win more.
We are looking for a Database Developer with experience working with large, complex databases. You will be an integral part of Xero's payroll engineering team responsible for the development and maintenance of database systems to meet business needs.
- Responsible for modeling, developing, and optimizing database servers.
- Work closely with application developers to create and implement solutions.
- Build and maintain complex ETL processes in SQL.
- Assist with application performance and query tuning.
- Manage indexes across databases to maintain performance while scaling and designing/implementing new tables, fields, and stored procedures.
- Managing schema changes across multiple databases.
You Will Need:
- Highly responsible, self-motivated, and able to thrive in an energetic, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Strong work ethic and able to work effectively independently and in collaborative team environments.
- Hands-on; completes tasks and dependable; proactive in nature.
- Knows what needs to be done and operates with a sense of urgency, focus, and discipline.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal).
- Team player, with a strong sense of ownership and a “get things done” attitude.
- Detailed-oriented person, who is very meticulous about his/her work.
If you’re passionate about helping small businesses use software more effectively, are involved in the development community and love developing the latest technologies, we’re keen to talk to you!
Contact us today!
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.