VP Customer Engagement
Business Services |
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is beautiful accounting software that's changed the way people do business all over the world.
http://vimeo.com/51563083 — watch the video, you'll enjoy it.
The company is also nearly doubling in size every year. We’re winning. Come help us win more.
Role and Key Responsibilities:
Part 1 - Customer Engagement
- Drive the development and management of the end-to-end experience and customer journey maps for all 4 N. America constituent groups: ecosystem, partner (accountants and bookkeepers), small & medium business, and employees.
- Ensure ownership exists for each key experience; identify any gaps
- Drive the reporting process for “how we’re doing” across all the key experiences, including measurement and benchmarking
- Collaborate with the different units in the company to operationalize experience strategy; work with senior executives to build the plan to improve these experiences
- Educate and coach employees in “how to do this the Xero way” of being an experience design-led software company, so creating great experiences becomes a way of life for everyone in the company
- Help the organization understand the processes, methods, and tools necessary to understand the constituent groups, and translate that understanding into successful points of contact
- Help keep the entire organization focused on the user and points of contact with the user
- With the CEO of N. America and the NA Leadership Team (of which this person is a member), have a pipeline of key experiences that need improvement and dive deep into 1 or 2 at a time – working cross-functionally to create step-change improvements specifically designed to drive word of mouth
Part 2 - Denver Office Leader
- Be the senior leader in the Denver office
- Drive the Xero brand in the Denver area – help grow Xero’s market share in the area, help make us a top employee destination site
- Drive overall employee engagement in Denver
- With our Facilities team, tackle any real estate and facility issues as we grow – new locations, etc.
- With our HR team, tackle any local HR issues where having an on-site senior leader would be helpful/needed
What you will need:
- Minimum of 15 years business experience
- Enough gravitas to be taken seriously, enough intelligence to be able to act independently, and enough loyalty and willingness to be behind the scenes to be an effective enabler.
- A reputation for unquestioned integrity and a highly developed sense of ethics.
- Demonstrated relentless focus on delighting customers and employees. Someone who thinks customer-in vs. technology-out.
- High energy, confident, and ambitious -- someone who can consistently perform at the highest level in an extremely fast paced, dynamic, and high growth environment.
- Strong bias for action.
- Strategic thinker.
- Open to learning and finding ways to apply and test.
- Strong facilitation and influential skills and must be an effective change agent.
- A focus on delivering business results.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills—someone who can be as effective through influence as through direct control.
- Candid, direct, and non-political.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA preferred
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.