In the first part of the Fundraising series, join Keith White of Burkland Associates to learn about the full range of funding strategies – including traditional debt and angel investing. You'll also learn a bit about the character of each, and when it might be a good fit. It's all about asking the right questions and raising capital for the right reasons. First step, how much do you really need to raise? Then, learn what prospective investors or lenders will want to see.
First video will cover the following:
- Why raise money
- Funding options, including equity, self-funding, debt, suppliers and customers, grants, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer lending, and hybrid / exotic models
- How much to raise, for what
- What investors want
- What founders and owners want
- Why "cash is king"
- Debt considerations, including: collateral, term / maturity date, interest rate, "callability" and covenants, providers, and leases
- Equity considerations, including: terms, valuation, classes of stock, control, dilution and down rounds
- The equity investor's perspective
Fundraising Nuts and Bolts
More courses you might be interested in
A high level overview of Xero Projects from Product Manager, Ben Watts. See how Projects can benefit your business. View course
Processing payroll for your business
Your business is set up for payroll in Xero, you've added all your employees and now you're ready to process payroll. This video series will show you the tasks to complete before you draft a pay run and how in only a few clicks to get your employees paid. View course