Terms and conditions
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN A PRIZE IN THE DRAWING. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT AFFECT YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO BE A CUSTOMER OF XERO, ALTHOUGH CUSTOMERS OF XERO ARE WELCOME TO ENTER. YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. THE DRAWING IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR REGULATION.
1. This drawing (Drawing) is conducted by Xero, Inc., located at 1615 Platte St. , Floor 4, Denver Colorado 80202 (Xero, we, our or us), and is open from 7:00AM (PST) on July 26, 2021 until 4:00PM (PST) on July 29, 2021 (Drawing Period). Xero may, at its sole discretion, extend the Drawing Period. By entering the Drawing, an entrant (Entrant, you or your) agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions (the Terms).
2. To be eligible to enter the Drawing (Eligible), an Entrant must be a legal resident of the continental United States (specifically excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. territories and possessions) prior to, and for the duration of, the Drawing Period and you must be the age of majority in your state of residence. Entrants must also have a physical address in the continental United States, an email address and access to the public internet in order to enter the Drawing. Eligibility for the Drawing is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations. You are responsible for confirming if your participation in the Drawing or acceptance of the Prize (defined below) violates any applicable law, rule, regulation, or contract between you and any third party. Employees of Xero and its affiliates and members of their immediate families are not eligible to enter the Drawing.
How to enter
3. There are three (3) ways to enter the Drawing. An Eligible Entrant must complete one the following steps during the Drawing Period, after which the Entrant will be deemed to have registered as a participant in this Drawing (Participant) and accepted the Terms:
(a) Enter via Virtual Booth: To enter, you must visit and enter Xero’s virtual booth at the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA) Engage Event taking place from July 26, 2021 – July 29, 2021. Within Xero’s virtual booth, there will be a graphic and button to click on where you can enter the Drawing;
(b) Enter via Physical Booth: To enter, you must visit Xero’s physical booth at the AICPA Engage Event taking place from July 26, 2021 – July 29, 2021 in Las Vegas. At Xero’s physical booth, there will be a sign with a QR code on it where you can enter the Drawing; or
(c) Enter via Email: To enter, you must email email@example.com during the Drawing Period stating that you wish to be entered into the Drawing (the effective time and date for an email entry in order to be Eligible is the date and time of receipt of the email by Xero) (Alternate Entry Method), (the Entry Criteria).
4. Limit of one entry per person. No purchase is required to enter the Drawing.
5. Submissions for entry into the Drawing received other than during the Drawing Period, duplicate submissions, or all submissions that are incomplete, illegible, damaged, irregular, or that do not conform to, or satisfy, any condition of the Terms and any submissions received by automated means or means that subvert the entry process described in the Terms will be void. Xero will determine in its sole discretion, what constitutes a valid entry. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt of entry by Xero. Xero has no obligation to notify you if your submission is void.
6. If you opt to access the Drawing via your wireless mobile device, data rates may apply for each message sent or received according to the terms and conditions of your service agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges as well as charges for wireless internet access) and may appear on your mobile phone bill, or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carrier rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in the Drawing. Wireless mobile device service (phone and/or data) may not be available in all areas. Consult the manual for your wireless mobile device for specific instructions. Xero is not responsible for any charges or lack of functionality of wireless mobile devices. If you opt to access the Drawing via a third-party’s wireless mobile device, you represent and warrant that you have permission from the device owner (and associated wireless account subscriber if different than the device owner) to do so and that you have advised such person(s) of the provisions of this Section which apply to them as a result of your use of their wireless mobile device. Xero expressly disclaims any and all liability related to your use of a third-party’s wireless mobile device (or other device) to access or participate in the Drawing or to access any related online content.
7. All incidental costs and expenses not specifically referred to herein as part of the prize description (the Expenses) are the sole responsibility of the Entrants. Entrants may not seek reimbursement for Expenses from Xero and Xero has no obligation to reimburse any Expenses.
The prize and timing
8. There are two (2) total prize packages available to be won in the Drawing. Each prize package consists of a set of two (2) Xerocon tickets for the next Xerocon to be held in the United States with an estimated value of US$998.00 (each, a Prize and collectively, the Prizes). Prizes exclude travel and accomodations, which shall be the sole responsibility of the winning Entrants. This Drawing is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with the AICPA. Prizes are non-refundable, not redeemable for cash, not replaceable if lost or stolen and are non transferable. Xero gives no warranties, representations or advice regarding the Prizes. Prizes are provided on an “as is” basis. No Prize substitutions, except by Xero, who reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the Prize is not available for any reason as determined by Xero in its sole discretion, including, but not limited to, if Xerocon is not held in the United States for any reason whatsoever or is held virtually. The odds of winning a prize depends on the number of Eligible Entrants received during the Drawing Period. Being a customer of Xero will not increase your chances of winning.
9. Xero will select two Entrants at random from the Participants that have met the Entry Criteria (Winner) on or around July 30, 2021. The Winner will be notified by Xero and will be advised as to how the Prize will be made available to them on or around August 6, 2021. In order to receive their Prize, the Winner will be required to reply to Xero via email, confirming the Winner's e-mail address, full mailing address and phone number within seven (7) days of notification. If the Winner cannot be contacted or does not respond within 7 days from the date on which Xero first notifies them by email, the Winner may be disqualified and will forfeit their Prize, and an alternate Winner may be selected by Xero in its sole discretion. Xero will not be obligated to award both Prizes if there aren’t a sufficient number of Eligible Entrants.
10. Xero shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Drawing. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to Xero for the purpose of the Drawing must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. Xero reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant should such an Entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
11. Before being confirmed as a Winner and being awarded a Prize, the potential winner may, in Xero’s sole discretion, be required: (a) to sign and return a Release Form (or similar document) to be provided by Xero; and (b) W-9 tax-payer request for identification, in order to be eligible to win the Prize (Prize Claim Steps). The Release Form (among other things): (i) confirms compliance with these Terms; (ii) acknowledges acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) releases the Released Parties (as defined in Section 19) from any and all liability in connection with this Drawing, the potential winner’s participation therein and the acceptance, use or misuse of the Prize; and (iv) confirms the potential winner’s consent to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of their name, address, voice, statements about the Drawing, photographs and/or other likeness in any publicity or advertising carried out by Xero. If the potential winner doesn’t return the Release Form within ten (10) business days of Prize notification, the Winner may be disqualified and will forfeit their Prize, and an alternate Winner may be selected by Xero in its sole discretion. Once eligibility has been verified and Xero receives the Winner’s requested information, Xero will arrange to award the Prize. The Winner must also complete any and all additional documents (e.g., legal or tax-related documents) provided by Xero (if any) in connection with the awarding of the Prize and return them as instructed within the time frame specified or Winner may forfeit Prizes at Xero’s sole discretion. If the potential Winner is unable to participate in or accept the Prize or any portion of the Prize for any reason, Xero will have no further obligation to the potential Winner. Prize or Prize Claim Steps returned as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of the Prize. In addition, Xero reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, select an alternate Winner in the event that any potential winner fails to comply with the Terms. Xero expressly reserves the right to delay the announcement of the Winner for any reason Xero deems necessary.
12. Winner is responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, local or foreign taxes (and the reporting thereof), if any, and for all other unspecified expenses, fees, charges, or duties associated with acceptance or use of the Prize. It is the individual Winner’s responsibility to understand and abide by any federal, state, territorial, local or foreign tax laws that may apply to receipt of the Prize.
13. Xero’s decisions on all matters relating to this Drawing (including, but not limited to, registration of Participants and determination of the Winner, the awarding of the Prize and the operation of the Drawing) will be final and, except as specified in these Terms no correspondence will be entered into regarding any of the foregoing.
14. By registering as a Participant in the Drawing, you consent to Xero and its affiliates using your name and likeness, place of residence, image, brand, business, statements, voice and photographs for any publicity associated with the Drawing without further payment or other compensation to you.
15. By registering as a participant in the Drawing you agree to these Terms, Xero’s Privacy Notice and to comply with all applicable laws. By registering as a participant in the Drawing, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information for the purposes of Xero’s administration of the Drawing. Xero may publish or make available details of the Drawing, including the name and region of the Winner. You can object to your details being published or made available, or reduce the amount of information published or made available, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Note, Xero may still be required to provide your details if required by law.
16. You warrant and agree that: (a) you will not tamper or attempt to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Drawing; (b) you will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computers or communication systems; and (c) you will indemnify Xero for any breach of the Terms.
17. Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of this Drawing may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, Xero reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. Neither Xero nor its affiliates, nor any of their respective Representatives (as defined below) are responsible for (a) theft, alteration, destruction or unauthorized access to entries; (b) problems downloading or uploading any Drawing-related information or data to or from any website or platform; (c) any other technical failures or malfunctions of, or experienced by, any electronic equipment, computer systems (including, without limitation, hardware, software, SaaS or other platforms), servers, or service or other providers, phone lines, the public internet; or (d) failure of any electronic mail entry to be received by Xero on account of technical problems, traffic, congestion on the internet or any website or platform, or any other technical problems related to website or platform entries including telecommunication miscommunication or failure, and failed, lost, delayed, incomplete, garbled or misdirected communications which may limit your ability to participate in this Drawing.
19. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, XERO AND ITS AFFILIATES AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (TOGETHER, THE REPRESENTATIVES, AND TOGETHER WITH XERO AND ITS AFFILIATES, THE RELEASED PARTIES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IN NEGLIGENCE), FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHATSOEVER SUFFERED (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS, OR THE RIGHT TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR INCREASED) OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY SUFFERED OR SUSTAINED IN CONNECTION WITH THE DRAWING, OR ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE, AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY CLAIMS OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO YOUR PARTICIPATION AND/OR ENTRY IN THE DRAWING AND/OR YOUR RECEIPT, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION OR USE OR MISUSE OF THE PRIZE AWARDED IN THIS DRAWING. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, AND WITHOUT PREJUDICE TO THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, YOU RELEASE THE RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY LOSS, DAMAGES OR CAUSE OF ACTION IN RELATION TO (A) ANY TECHNICAL ERRORS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DRAWING; (B) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN THE DRAWING; AND (C) ANY OTHER ERRORS OR PROBLEMS IN CONNECTION WITH THE DRAWING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ERRORS THAT MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE DRAWING. YOU ALSO AGREE THAT UNLESS YOU ARE PROHIBITED BY LAW IN DOING SO, YOU PROMISE YOU WILL BRING ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION. EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO FULLY INDEMNIFY RELEASED PARTIES FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS BY THIRD PARTIES RELATING TO THE DRAWING, WITHOUT LIMITATION.
20. In the event that Xero receives an insufficient number of Eligible Entrants that meet the Entry Criteria and/or Xero is prevented from awarding the Prize or continuing with the Drawing as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite, technical or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal, state, territorial, or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis (for example, COVID-19), order, tribunal or governmental authority, then Xero shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Drawing. If the Drawing is terminated before the designated end date, Xero will (if possible) award the Prize from among the Eligible Entrants received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination.
21. Xero reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or suspend the Drawing if any fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Drawing, for any other reason whatsoever without liability. In the event of termination of the Drawing, Xero may award the Prize from among the Eligible Entrants received up to the time of the suspension or termination, whichever date occurred first.
22. If there’s any part or provision of these Terms that is declared illegal or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then the remainder of these Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
23. The Drawing is governed by the laws of the state of California including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws, and the courts of the State of California shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes relating to the Drawing. By entering the Drawing, you submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right to challenge such jurisdiction.
24. This Drawing is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Drawing may have been promoted and/or publicized and/or used to announce the Winner. Any questions or comments regarding a Drawing must be directed to Xero and not to any social media platforms.
25. Copies of the Terms are available on Xero’s website. If you have any questions regarding the Drawing, or if you would like confirmation of the Drawing Winner once they are named, please contact Xero at email@example.com. Xero may publish the Winner’s name, business and address on our website and any social media platforms.