NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS WILL APPLY FOR ENTRIES OBTAINED. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility: The Stress Relief Kit Giveaway ("Promotion") is only open to permanent legal residents of the forty eight (48) contiguous states of the United States ("U.S.") and the District of Columbia ("D.C.") (excluding Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, and all other U.S. and foreign territories and possessions) who are currently physically located and residing therein, who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry, and who possess a valid driver’s license. Entrants must also be an accountant or bookkeeper and have either a valid social security number and/or a valid U.S. personal tax identification number. Employees of Xero, Inc. ("Sponsor"), its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of the Promotion, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective affiliates, officers, directors, subsidiaries, franchisees, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers, any other person or entity associated with the Promotion (collectively "Promotion Entities") and/or members of their immediate families (spouses, children, siblings, parents) and/or persons living in the same household as such persons, whether or not related, are ineligible to enter the Promotion.
2. Giveaway Period: The Giveaway period begins at 08:00:00 a.m. PDT on March 23, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. PDT on March 26, 2018 ("Promotion Period").
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, comment on or respond to the Tweet or Facebook post from Xero that asks Entrants to describe ‘how you’re surviving tax time’ ("Entry"). Limit one (1) Entry per person (based on Twitter handle or Facebook profile) throughout the Promotion Period. Entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. PDT on March 26, 2018.
Any attempted form of entry other than as described herein is void. Any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts and/or Facebook profiles, email addresses, identities, registrations, logins or any other methods, including, but not limited to, commercial contest/sweepstakes subscription notification and/or entering services, will void your Entry and you may be disqualified. Final eligibility for the award of any prize is subject to eligibility verification and other conditions and requirements, as set forth below.
4. Prize/Odds of Winning: Ten (10) prizes will be awarded in this Promotion. The prize consists of a Stress Relief Kit which includes: Reveille Coffee beans (11oz.), Nosh This Chocolate, T-We Tea and tea strainer, and a Xero 20 oz. double walled tumbler. The Total Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") of prize: $60. Odds of winning the prize depends on the total number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. In order to accept the prize, winners are required to provide Xero with their address and contact information via private message on the channel on which they entered. All expenses associated with the receipt or use of the prize not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and is winner’s sole responsibility. No cash equivalent for the prize(s) will be available. Prize(s) is not transferable. However, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, choose to substitute the prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value due to prize unavailability or for any other reason. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to replace prize (or prize component) with a similar prize; but, in such event, Sponsor will continue to use the value of the "old" (i.e., replaced) item/component for purposes of calculating the ARV. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including but not limited to income taxes) arising from participation in the Promotion or award of any prize(s) will be the sole responsibility of the winner(s).
5. Drawing: Potential winners will be randomly selected in a drawing held by the Sponsor located in San Francisco, CA on or about Tuesday March 27, 2018 ("Drawing Date") from among all eligible Entries received from Twitter and Facebook.
6. Notification of Winner: Potential winners will be notified on Twitter or Facebook by the Sponsor at the applicable Twitter handle or Facebook profile provided with his/her Entry within approximately two (2) days of the Drawing Date. Potential winners will have four (4) business days to respond to the notification. If a potential winner does not respond within four (4) business days; is found to be ineligible; if he/she does not comply with these Official Rules; if his/her prize or prize notification message is returned as undeliverable, potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Potential winners may be required to complete, sign and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release, tax forms, and where lawful, a publicity release within a stated amount of time.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any person attempting to defraud or tamper with Promotion will be prosecuted and is not eligible for a prize. If, for any reason, the Promotion is not capable of running as originally planned, Sponsor in its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, suspend or modify the Promotion or any portion(s) thereof and to conduct the drawing(s) and award the prize(s) from all salvageable eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor, or award the prize(s) in a manner that is fair and equitable. In case of a dispute over the identity of an entrant who submitted the winning Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with that Entry will be deemed the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is deemed the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, service provider or other online organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Said owner must comply with these Official Rules, be the person who completed the act of entering, and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be required to provide proof of ownership of the email account.
8. Disclaimers: Promotion Entities are not responsible or liable for Entries that are entered by other than human means (such as by an automated computer program or any non-human mechanism, entity, or device), in excess of the stated limit, or for Entries that are illegible, late, tampered with, forged, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, damaged, lost, stolen, destroyed, mechanically duplicated, or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and such Entries will be disqualified. By entering the Promotion, entrants agree and acknowledge that the Promotion Entities, Twitter and Facebook shall have no responsibility or liability (including, but not limited to, liability for any property loss, damage, personal injury or death) in connection with: participation in this Promotion; human error; incorrect or inaccurate Entry Information; acceptance/possession, use/misuse, and/or defects of the prize(s) awarded herein; typographical errors in Promotion promotional material; any technical malfunctions of the telephone network, computer online system, computer dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or internet service provider utilized by the Promotion; interruption or inability to access the Promotion, Sponsor’s website, Twitter, Facebook or any online service via the internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems; any damage to your (or any third person’s) computer/mobile device and/or its contents related to or resulting from any part of this Promotion even if caused by the negligence of one of the Promotion Entities.
The failure of Sponsor to comply with any provision of these Official Rules due to an act of God, hurricane, war, fire, riot, earthquake, terrorism, act of public enemies, actions of governmental authorities outside of the control of Sponsor (excepting compliance with applicable codes and regulations) or other force majeure event will not be considered a breach of these Official Rules.
9. GOVERNING LAW, JURISDICTION, ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to (i) the Promotion, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of these Official Rules or their enforcement or interpretation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state’s laws.
Under no circumstances, will you be entitled to awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. Should any term of this section be deemed void, unenforceable or contrary to law, such term shall, but only to the extent necessary to bring this section within the requirements of law, be deemed to be severed from the other terms of these Official Rules, and the remainder of these Official Rules shall be given effect as if it had not included the severed term herein. THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE THEIR RIGHT TO JURY TRIAL WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS AND ISSUES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT WHETHER SOUNDING IN CONTRACT OR TORT, AND INCLUDING ANY CLAIM FOR FRAUDULENT INDUCEMENT THEREOF.
10. Name of Winner: To receive the list of winners’ names or an additional copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Xero, Inc., 101 Green Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111. All requests must be received by Friday, March 31st. The Official Rules will be available on xero.com during the entire Promotion. Names of winners may also be posted on the Sponsor’s website.
11. Sponsor: Xero, Inc., 101 Green Street, 5th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94111.