Iteration Manager (Scrum Master)
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is online accounting software that gives small businesses and their advisors real time access to accounting information, anytime, from anywhere.
We’re looking for an experienced Iteration Manager (Scrum Master) interested in joining our software team. You’ll have extensive experience of Agile development and leading teams through an entire project lifecycle.
You must have a detailed understanding of Agile metrics and the ability to identify key success measures.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Helping the team understand and follow Agile processes
- Key control processes such as Sprint planning, Sprint showcases/reviews and retrospectives
- Helping the Product Owner understand and maintain backlogs
- Tracking and removing impediments to the team’s velocity
- Participating in any Scrum of Scrum or other coordination meetings between other teams
- Ensuring resources are allocated based on resource investment decisions
- Working with other Scrum Masters and affected Product Managers on any resource swapping/ switching arrangements
- Protecting the team from unreasonable delivery expectations using data from velocity and story point estimations
- Managing open issues in JIRA and working cross-functionally to determine remedies
- Working with Scrum teams to ensure the quality of product releases
- Providing weekly status updates on all projects
- Participating in cross-organizational Agile practices team
- Mentoring Scrum Masters and Product Owners
- Supporting and coaching Scrum teams responsible for product delivery and software projects.
- At least five years’ experience as an Agile Program Manager
- To be certified as a Scrum Master with extensive with experience in real world Agile projects
- Advanced understanding of, and experience with, the software development project life cycle, as well as advanced project management skills
- Impeccable communication and cross-team coordination skills
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Pride in building the team
- A proven track record in leading teams to successfully deliver on multiple projects simultaneously
- Attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced, hectic and energetic environment.
If this sounds like you, contact us today!
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.