Database Solution Architect
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is taking the world by storm with beautiful accounting software providing accountants, bookkeepers and small businesses real time access to their business accounting information, anytime, any place.
Our SQL Server 2012 database platform supports real-time business for over 200,000 organisations in more than 100 countries. Within this role, you'll be exposed to managing multi-terabyte SQL Databases in a highly concurrent and critical environment. You'll also design and implement multi-terabyte distributed Databases.
There's lots of opportunity for the right candidate to develop advanced SQL Server Architecture, Development, Release Management skills and gain exposure to other NoSQL data stores.
What you'll need:
- Tertiary Qualification preferably BSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5yrs Database Design and Development experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2005+up)
- Strong Transact-SQL Development skills
- Proven Data Modelling and schema design skills
- A solid understanding of Software Architecture process and design documents
- Excellent communication skills and experience in software development teams
- An active interest in new technologies available in SQL Server and in working at scale with large highly available database deployments
- Experience troubleshooting and tuning Query performance
- Experience with large databases in a multitier environment, preferably .NET
- An ability to work with development and operations teams to triage database issues
- An awareness and active interest in NoSQL Technologies such as Redis,Hadoop and Cassandra.
We've got a unique environment, take pride in our culture and have a new central Wellington office. Sound like you? Apply online today!
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.