SQL Server Database Engineer
Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is a global company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. Xero is the emerging leader in online accounting software, providing business owners with real-time visibility of their financial position in a way that's simple, smart and secure.
We're expanding our team of the best and brightest people so we can go even further – are you interested in joining us? The foundation of our product is an accounting system, but not as you know it - think powerful forecasting, total cashflow transparency and complete ease of use.
AS SQL Server Database Engineer, you’ll help manage and optimize performance, availability and SQL Server database platforms.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Administering developer, testing and production database platforms
- Support product team in database design and development of SQL technologies.
- Implementation of new SQL Server projects and components. Including utilisation of SQL 2012 technologies and/or later versions.
- Working with Product and Customer Care support teams to support diagnosis and tune the performance of Database Platform.
- Working with the Operations team and the associated hosting service providers to ensure the appropriate database maintenance and integrity activities are being undertaken.
- Ensuring that storage, archiving, backup and recovery processes are functioning correctly.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ Database Development/Administration Experience in Microsoft SQL Server (2005-2008)
- Tertiary Qualification preferably BSc in Computer Science and/or equivalent industry experience
- Detailed knowledge of relational database systems, in particular Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong Transact-SQL Development Skills
- Developing and tuning SQL Server within large deployments
- Solid Programming and scripting skills preferably in .NET and/or Powershell
- Experience with Visual Studio 2008-2010
- Keen interest in new SQL Server technologies, in particular SQL Server 2012
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.