Apply for this job
View other openings
Xero is a global company with offices in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia and New Zealand. Xero is the emerging leader in online accounting software, providing business owners with real-time visibility of their financial position in a way that's simple, smart and secure.
We're expanding our team of the best and brightest people so we can go even further - are you interested in joining us? The foundation of our product is an accounting system, but not as you know it - think powerful forecasting, total cashflow transparency and complete ease of use.
The key responsibility of the Operations Developer will be to develop IT systems to support the platform and development teams operationally.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Build and maintain highly available monitoring, deployment and development systems
- Maintain Xero's source control & build platforms
- Make sure company technical problems are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Evaluate and identify appropriate technology platforms (including web application frameworks and the deployment stack) for delivering the company's services
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary Qualification (such as Computer Science Degree) and/or appropriate industry experience
- Windows & Linux administration experience
- Strong skills in Windows 2008 / IIS /.Net Stack
- Apache experience
- Experience working at many levels within the technology stack - from automating webserver configuration to integrating infrastructure support directly into applications
- Significant experience within the spectrum of Java and C# including Ruby and Perl as well as TeamCity, Nagios, ASP.net, CouchBase, Splunk, and Graphite
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems quickly and effectively
Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.