Got a few questions before you apply? Contact us.
Site Reliability Engineer
IT/Operations | Auckland or Wellington, New Zealand
At Xero, we're taking the world by storm, developing beautiful online accounting software that is accessible anytime, anywhere. To do that, we need great people who are hard-working, innovative and fun!
Xero’s operational team is transforming the way it works to become more agile and efficient. We are building a Site Reliability Team to tackle the unique challenges that come with supporting the growing Xero application at scale.
You will use your software development background to solve these challenges by automating the solutions. You will use you knowledge of programming languages, data structures and algorithms, and performance to write software to address those challenges. That software will need to be efficient and able to address the task even as the task grows. You will work closely with Xero’s Product and Platform teams to understand their requirements and build fit for purpose solutions that meet operational needs.
We're looking for passionate people who want to be a part of an accounting software revolution. You need to be super comfortable in a fast-paced, high-growth company. As part of a global team, you will need to interact effectively with Xero’s Operational teams in Wellington, NZ & Denver, USA.
To be successful in this role you will need to:
- Have experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or you’ll be a full stack software developer that understands the “stack” or a DevOps background
- Strong understanding of Windows/Linux
- A desire to learn and an ability to pick things up quickly
- Object-orientated programming experience
- A good eye for detail
- Experience working with an Amazon Web Services environment
- A commitment to the Xero values: #Human, #Champion, #Challenge, #Ownership, #Beautiful
This role will involve on-call availability and periodic overtime. If you are ready to take on a new challenge in a fast-paced organisation where the sky's the limit we want to hear from you.